Parent Page: Rahi
Takea, also nicknamed the King of Sharks, are fierce shark-like Rahi.
A population of Takea migrated to the waters of Aqua Magna around the island of Mata Nui and integrated into the marine ecosystem, but others allied themselves with Mavrah, and later fought the Toa Metru.
When the Bohrok Swarms were awakened on Mata Nui, Gahlok activity off the coasts forced Takea closer to the shore, where they interrupted migratory patterns of Ruki schools, as well as becoming a threat to the fishing Taku birds.
When the Great Cataclysm shattered the Pit and allowed access to the Black Water above the prison, several Takea traveled to these waters and were mutated by exposure to the Pit Mutagen. Pridak later used these specimens in his army. The Barraki also enlisted Nocturn to create his Shark Tooth Blades by fusing more than ten thousand Takea teeth together.
When Defilak, Sarda, Gar, and Idris traveled in a submarine built by Defilak (whose design was inspired by the Takea), they were attacked from all sides by a school of Takea, led by Pridak. When the Takea destroyed the submarine they were then captured and questioned, but when they refused to answer Pridak threw Sarda into a school of hungry Takea. Toa Lesovikk saved Sarda when he unleashed a cyclone to scatter the sharks away. Several Takea served as guards during the time the Toa Mahri were prisoners of the Barraki.
Hewkii met with some of Pridak's Takea sharks and increased their weight using his Kanohi Garai until they slammed into a group of Ehlek's eels. During that same battle, Matoro and Maxilos encountered Pridak and an army of Takea. At first, Matoro used his Tryna and used the skeletons of long-dead victims of the sharks to attack. It was ultimately Ehlek's eels, mistaking Hewkii's attack as Pridak's, who savaged the sharks. Later, more of Pridak's Takea joined in on the assault on Maxilos and, soon after, the Toa Mahri.
A mutated Takea devoured the cursed Gadunka after it had shrunk back to its normal size.
Pridak gathered his mutant Takea to confront Hydraxon, whom Pridak believed to be a fake. Hydraxon defeated the Takea sharks, and jailed the Barraki.
Abilities and Traits
Takea are natural underwater predators, attacking and feeding upon weaker Rahi. Takea are natural enemies of Tarakava, although the sharks consider anything in the water an enemy, sometimes even other Takea. Dubbed the 'King of Sharks,' just the rumor of a Takea in the water was enough to send the Matoran of Ga-Koro scrambling to shore.
The Takea was released as part of the BIONICLE Master Builder Set. It used forty-eight of the set's 102 pieces. It would open and close its mouth when its dorsal fin was moved forwards and backwards.
- In Maze of Shadows, Takea possessed front legs with clawed feet.
- There was a old story on the island of Mata Nui about a Takea giving a Lava Rat a ride on his back across a river.
- Wall of History (BIONICLE.com) (Mentioned Only)
- BIONICLE Adventures 5: Voyage of Fear
- BIONICLE Chronicles 4: Tales of the Masks (Mentioned Only)
- BIONICLE Legends 6: City of the Lost
- BIONICLE Legends 2: Dark Destiny (Mentioned Only)
- Comic 6: Web Comic
- BIONICLE Legends 7: Prisoners of the Pit
- BIONICLE Legends 8: Downfall
- Comic 11: Death of a Hero
- Dreams of Destruction
- Hydraxon's Tale
- Brothers In Arms (Mentioned Only)
- BIONICLE: Rahi Beasts (Mentioned Only)
- BIONICLE: Encyclopedia (Mentioned Only)
- BIONICLE: Encyclopedia Updated (Mentioned Only)
- BIONICLE: Quest for the Masks (Non-canonical Appearance)
- Mata Nui Online Game II: The Final Chronicle
- BIONICLE: The Game (Non-canonical Appearance)
- BIONICLE: Maze of Shadows (Non-canonical Appearance)
- BIONICLE Mahri: Hewkii (Non-canonical Appearance)
- Takea Building Instructions on LEGO.com (Instructions Begin on Page 68)
|Members||Current||Kalmah | Ehlek | Mantax | Pridak|
|Former||Takadox | Carapar (deceased)|
|Former Servants||Sea Squid | Giant Squid | Underwater Insects | Amphibax | Nocturn (deceased) | Venom Eels|
Keras | Pit War Tortoises | Underwater Rays | Takea | Spider Crabs | Mutated Rahi
|Characters | Sapient Species | Locations | Flora | Fauna | Objects | Powers | Vehicles | Society | Events|
LEGO | TECHNIC | BIONICLE | Hero Factory | BS01 Wiki | Policies | Sources | Saga Guides | Timeline | Media