Parent Page: Locations
Status: Severely Damaged
Upon Metru Nui's creation, Ta-Metru was soon brought about, one of the first districts to be constructed.
Ta-Metru's main industry quickly became forging and smelting, and, thus, most of the tools in the city were made from Ta-Metru. Of its main exports, Ta-Metru is famous for the Kanohi they smelt, worn by all the Matoran citizens of Ta-Metru. To create Kanohi, mask forgers took a combination of Kanoka Disks and melted them together. This gave them each a unique mask power, although few Toa wore these masks. As Ta-Metru primarily worked with molten Protodermis, large vats of it were transported throughout the Metru via cable cords.
Due to a dispute between Ta-Metru and Po-Metru, the Matoran Civil War began. Out of anger, Ta-Matoran melted a warehouse with molten Protodermis; in retaliation, the Po-Matoran then sunk their transport barges, sparking the war. Ga-Metru and Onu-Metru became allies of the Ta-Matoran. During this time, the health of the Great Spirit was heavily diminished, and, in the end, Brotherhood of Makuta members were forced to intervene to end the war.
Toa Lhikan visited Ta-Metru last when deliver the Toa Stones to the soon-to-be Toa Metru. He managed to get the stone to Vakama, the sixth and final Matoran, before being captured by Nidhiki and Krekka.
After many years of peace, the Morbuzakh struck, and the Metru was under constant threat from molten Protodermis dropped from their vats when the Morbuzakh vines caused them to fall. A year after this, the Great Cataclysm struck the universe. Shaking many vats of Protodermis, the molten Protodermis fell to the ground, melting much of the city.
When the Matoran returned to the city from Mata Nui, they began to reconstruct their former city, while living in Po-Metru until their homes were rebuilt. Ta-Metru was among the first to be rebuilt, as the Matoran required new tools and materials in order to rebuild the other Metru. Soon after rebuilding much of the city, the Staff of Artakha was used, restoring the city completely to its former glory.
Along with the rest of Metru Nui, Ta-Metru was greatly damaged when a fragment of Aqua Magna impacted the Core Processor during Teridax's battle with Mata Nui. The surviving Matoran evacuated the Matoran Universe for the surface of Spherus Magna.
Notable Former Inhabitants
- Vakama - Former Mask Maker and Toa Metru of Fire, now the Turaga of Ta-Metru.
- Lhikan - Former Toa Mangai of Fire and Turaga (deceased)
- Tahu - Toa Nuva of Fire.
- Jaller - Crafter (prior to the Great Cataclysm), then leader of the Ta-Koro Guard, former Toa Inika, now Toa Mahri of Fire.
- Nuhrii - Great Mask Maker.
- Takua - Mischievous Av-Matoran who liked to collect various trinkets from other Metru to sell, often going during working hours. Now Takanuva, Toa of Light.
- Great Furnace - The largest, busiest, and hottest furnace in Metru Nui. Formerly the home of the king root of the Morbuzakh, it was destroyed when the Toa Metru faced it with the Great Disks. The plant's death throes completely destroyed the building. It is currently being rebuilt.
- Fire Pits - Large pits that provided most of the heat and flame to Ta-Metru.
- Protodermis Reclamation Yard - This is where broken items or defected masks were sorted and stored.
- Protodermis Reclamation Furnace - This is where objects that were stored in the Protodermis Reclamation Yard were melted.
- The Mutran Chronicles (Mentioned Only)
- The Many Deaths of Toa Tuyet
- Birth of a Dark Hunter
- BIONICLE Adventures 1: Mystery of Metru Nui (First Appearance)
- Comic 16: Toa Metru!
- BIONICLE: The Beginning
- BIONICLE Adventures 2: Trial by Fire
- Lunchable Comic 3
- Comic 18: Seeds of Doom
- BIONICLE 2: Legends of Metru Nui
- BIONICLE Adventures 3: The Darkness Below (Mentioned Only)
- BIONICLE Adventures 4: Legends of Metru Nui
- BIONICLE Adventures 5: Voyage of Fear (Mentioned Only)
- BIONICLE 3: Web of Shadows
- BIONICLE Adventures 9: Web of Shadows
- BIONICLE Adventures 10: Time Trap
- Destiny War
- Takanuva's Blog
- Reign of Shadows (Mentioned Only)
- BIONICLE: Metru Nui - City of Legends
- BIONICLE: Rahi Beasts (Mentioned Only)
- BIONICLE: Encyclopedia (Mentioned Only)
- BIONICLE: Encyclopedia Updated (Mentioned Only)
- Vakama's Toa Metru Mini Promo CD
- Nokama's Toa Metru Mini Promo CD (Mentioned Only)
- Toa Metru Promo Animations
- Vahki Online Animations
- The Search for the Mask of Light
|Coliseum << Ta-Metru >> Ga-Metru|
|Great Furnace | Fire Pits | Protodermis Reclamation Furnace | Protodermis Reclamation Yard | Foundries|
|Coliseum | Ta-Metru | Ga-Metru | Le-Metru | Po-Metru | Onu-Metru | Ko-Metru | Great Barrier|
|Solis Magna||Spherus Magna | Red Star|
|Metru Nui (Maze of Shadows) | Karzahni | Zakaz | Xia (The Mountain) | Northern Continent (Tren Krom Peninsula) | Artakha | Stelt | Odina | Southern Continent (Voya Nui) | Karda Nui | The Pit | Destral | Nynrah | Tren Krom's Island | Visorak | Daxia | Southern Islands (Artidax)|
|Pocket Dimensions||Field of Shadows | City of Silver|
|Alternate Universes||The Melding | Spherus Magna | Toa Empire | The Kingdom|
|Characters | Sapient Species | Locations | Flora | Fauna | Objects | Powers | Vehicles | Society | Events|
LEGO | TECHNIC | BIONICLE | Hero Factory | BS01 Wiki | Policies | Sources | Saga Guides | Timeline | Media