"Every elder, every villager, is like a single stone... and together, you build a wall so mighty no Bohrok could ever hope to bring it down! With Vakama, Jala, and the rest of you guarding Ta-Koro, our village will stand."
— Toa Mata Tahu, To Trap a Tahnok
|Preferred Regions||Hot regions|
|Transforms Into||Toa of Fire|
Abilities and Traits
All Ta-Matoran have inactive Fire powers, to the extent that they can resist extreme heat. These can be activated in the case of transformation into a Toa. The Ta-Matoran are known for their grasp of tactics, leading them to be the first ones to establish a firm fighting force, the Ta-Koro Guard, on Mata Nui. On Metru Nui, Ta-Matoran were primarily mask makers and worked in foundries or were Protodermis reclamation workers.
The Ta-Matoran of Ta-Koro value Duty the most out of the Three Virtues, from which they derive their Principle of Courage and the Skill of Strength. All Ta-Matoran have been said to be mathematicians at heart, which makes jobs where exact proportions are needed relatively easy.
Identifiable physical attributes of Ta-Matoran include red, orange, yellow, and black Kanohi and armor. All Ta-Matoran are male.
- Aft: A Ta-Matoran who studies courage.
- Agni: Part of the Ta-Koro Guard.
- Aodhan: A Lava Farmer on Mata Nui.
- Balta: Best friend of Garan and a skilled inventor in the Voya Nui Resistance Team.
- Brander: A Crafter on Mata Nui and a foundry worker on Metru Nui.
- Dezalk: The first Voya Nui Matoran to be infected by Antidermis.
- Dume: Became a Toa of Fire, then a Turaga of Metru Nui after completing his destiny about 15,000 years ago. (Formerly; transformed)
- Firedracax: Was attacked by Visorak; mutated by Energized Protodermis into a vengeance-driven Dark Hunter. (Formerly; transformed)
- Gaardus: Captured and mutated by rogue Nynrah Ghosts into a living weapon. (Formerly; transformed)
- Lhikan: Once a Crafter saved by Toa Dume. Became leader of the Toa Mangai; killed as a Turaga by Makuta Teridax, but revived in the Red Star and trapped there. (Formerly; transformed)
- Jaller: Once the Captain of the Ta-Koro/Ta-Metru Guard, as well as Turaga Vakama's right hand. Comrade to Takua in his Search for the Seventh Toa. Later became a Toa Inika and then a Toa Mahri. (Formerly; transformed)
- Kapura: A former member of the Chronicler's Company, he has perfected the art of traveling great distances by moving very slowly.
- Kalama: A member of the Ta-Koro Guard on Mata Nui and the overseer of a Protodermis Reclamation Yard in Metru Nui.
- Keahi: A member of the Ta-Koro Guard.
- Maglya: A Lava Surfer.
- Nuhrii: A Mask Maker on Metru Nui and a member of the Guard on Mata Nui, who was there called Nuri.
- Norik: Became a Toa, comrade to Varian, and later the leader of the Toa Hagah. (Formerly; transformed)
- Sarda: Left Mahri Nui to explore the oceans with Lesovikk.
- Tiribomba: A Lava Farmer.
- Vakama: Once Metru Nui's best mask-maker, later a Toa Metru and a Toa Hordika; now a Turaga of Fire. (Formerly; transformed)
- Vohon: Ta-Koro's Trader.
- Vultraz: A criminal and murderer, now a Shadow Matoran. (Formerly; transformed)
- Various members of the Ta-Koro Guard.
- An unknown number of the Ta-Koro Guard, stationed at the North March. Briefly incapacitated by Teridax's Rahi.
- A Metru Nui Ta-Matoran murdered by Toa Tuyet via molten Protodermis; revived on the Red Star and trapped there.
- Two Ta-Matoran who searched for Artakha while Mata Nui was being attacked by the Rahkshi.
- A Ta-Matoran of Voya Nui, who was skilled with weather patterns and predicted an incoming hurricane.
- A Mahri Nui Ta-Matoran wearing a Mask of Emulation who died after saving Toa Inika Hahli. (Formerly; now deceased)
- A Mahri Nui Ta-Matoran who spoke at a Mahri Nui Council meeting.
- A Ta-Matoran who was transformed into a Toa and eventually joined the first Toa Team; killed by Zyglak, but revived and trapped on the Red Star. (Formerly; now transformed)
- Several Ta-Matoran that escaped from Rahkshi during Teridax's reign and headed to the island of Mata Nui; their status remains unknown.
|Current||Aft | Agni | Aodhan | Balta | Brander | Dezalk | Kapura | Kalama | Keahi | Maglya | Nuhrii | Sarda | Tiribomba | Vohon|
|Transformed||Dume | Jaller | Firedracax | Gaardus | Lhikan (revived) | Norik | Vakama | Vultraz|
|see full list|
|Ta-Matoran | Ga-Matoran | Le-Matoran | Po-Matoran | Onu-Matoran | Ko-Matoran | Av-Matoran | Shadow Matoran |
Ba-Matoran | Bo-Matoran | Ce-Matoran | De-Matoran | Fa-Matoran | Fe-Matoran | Su-Matoran | Vo-Matoran
|Characters | Sapient Species | Locations | Flora | Fauna | Objects | Powers | Vehicles | Society | Events|
LEGO | TECHNIC | BIONICLE | Hero Factory | BS01 Wiki | Policies | Sources | Saga Guides | Timeline | Media