BS01 is currently undergoing maintenance over the next couple weeks. Please contact Meiko if you notice any problems.
"The wall of sound surrounded him, pummeling him with its intensity, so loud that it seemed it would crack the earth and sky themselves."
— Narrator, Makuta's Revenge
Kohrak-Kal destroying an Exo-Toa with Sonics
|Associated Colors||Primary: Gray|
Sonics is an Elemental Power.
In the Matoran Universe, Sonics is represented by the Matoran prefix De- and the color gray.
- De-Matoran represent Sonics and contain a minuscule amount of Elemental Sonics Energy, to the extent that they are very sensitive to sound and have a very acute sense of hearing. Almost all De-Matoran, and Toa and Turaga of Sonics are male.
- Toa of Sonics possess the Elemental Power of Sonics, allowing them to create, control and absorb sound. Their only real limitation is that when they run out of Elemental Sonic Energy, they must wait for it to recharge.
- Turaga of Sonics have small traces of Elemental Sonics powers.
- Kohrak-Kal had a wide range of Sonics powers.
- Rahkshi and Kraata of Sonics, Silence, and Power Scream, as well as all Makuta, have limited Sonic powers.
- All Boggarak can emit sonic hums that transmute matter around them.
- All Klakk can emit powerful and dangerous sonic shrieks.
- Lohrak mutated by Hordika Venom gain the ability to emit sonic shrieks.
- The Sonic Entity was a creature made of animate sonic energy.
- Skakdi of Sonics can only access their power if they work with another Skakdi, or if they carry a weapon that allows them to focus their Sonics power individually.
- Creating sound waves and/or concentrated beams of sound
- Forming a sonic barrier
- Generating a sonic boom
- Using sonic waves to disrupt a structure's integrity
- Controlling sound waves
- Imitating sounds
- Absorbing sound
- Controlling/Absorbing sound to generate a field of silence
- Using sonar
- Unleashing a Sonics Nova Blast (Toa-exclusive)
Beings other than Toa and the Krahka cannot combine powers of any sort to create a Protodermis cage. As long as each wields a different element, providing that Light and Shadow are not included at the same time, any six Toa can create a Protodermis cage.
All of the following beings have or had the Element of Sonics and/or its sub-powers:
- All Boggarak - Sonic hum that transmutes matter to stone or gas.
- All De-Matoran - Inaccessible; manifests as enhanced hearing capabilities.
- All Klakk - Power scream.
- Krahka - Power scream; while using a Power Scream Rahkshi's form.
- Kohrak-Kal (Formerly; now destroyed)
- A Lohrak mutated by Hordika Venom - Power scream.
- All Makuta - Sonics, silence, and power scream.
- "Silence" - Aura of silence.
- All Skakdi of Sonics - Only in conjunction with other Skakdi, or through certain weapons.
- The Sonic Entity - Sonic booms. (Formerly; now destroyed)
- Takutanuva - Sonics, silence, and power scream. (Formerly; now unmerged)
- All Toa of Sonics
- All Turaga of Sonics - Diminished after their transformation from Toa.
- The Kanohi Shelek and any user of one - Silence.
The following locations are/were affiliated with Sonics:
- De-Koro (Formerly; now destroyed)
- Kazi's Echo Forks have non-elemental Sonic powers.
- Vultraz once used a Sonic device to incapacitate a village of De-Matoran.
- The Destral Cycle uses sound to power its motion.
- The prefix "De-" was derived from the word "decibel," a real-world measurement unit for sound.
|Spherus Magna||Elemental Powers||Fire | Water | Jungle | Rock | Earth | Ice | Sand|
|Standard||Fire | Water | Air | Stone | Earth | Ice | Light | Shadow|
Lightning | Magnetism | Plasma | Gravity | Sonics | The Green | Iron | Psionics
|Sub-Powers||Heat | Vacuum | Telekinesis | Telepathy|
|Legendary||Life | Time | Creation|
|Standard||Acid | Anger | Disintegration | Heat Vision | Laser Vision | Teleportation | Shapeshifting|
|Abilities||Fusions | Nova Blast | Rhotuka | Shadow Hand|
|Characters | Sapient Species | Locations | Flora | Fauna | Objects | Powers | Vehicles | Society | Events|
LEGO | TECHNIC | BIONICLE | Hero Factory | BS01 Wiki | Policies | Sources | Saga Guides | Timeline | Media