Parent Page: Powers
Class: Elemental Power
|Kohrak-Kal destroying an Exo-Toa with Sonics|
|Elemental Power Information|
|Associated Color(s)||Primary: Gray|
Sonics is an Elemental Power.
In the Matoran Universe, Sonics is represented by the Matoran prefix De- and the color gray.
- De-Matoran represent Sonics and contain a minuscule amount of Elemental Sonics Energy, to the extent that they are very sensitive to sound and have a very acute sense of hearing. All De-Matoran, and Toa and Turaga of Sonics are male.
- Toa of Sonics possess the Elemental Power of Sonics, allowing them to create, control and absorb sound. Their only real limitation is that when they run out of Elemental Sonic Energy, they must wait for it to recharge.
- A Turaga of Sonics would hypothetically have small traces of Elemental Sonics Energy.
- Kohrak-Kal had a wide range of Sonics powers.
- The Sonic Entity
- Creating sound waves and/or concentrated beams of sound
- Forming a sonic barrier
- Generating a sonic boom
- Using sonic waves to disrupt a structure's integrity
- Controlling sound waves
- Imitating sounds
- Absorbing sound
- Controlling/Absorbing sound to generate a field of silence
- Using sonar
- Unleashing a Sonics Nova Blast (Toa exclusive)
Beings other than Toa and the Krahka cannot combine powers of any sort to create a Protodermis cage. As long as each wields a different element, providing that Light and Shadow are not included at the same time, any six Toa can create a Protodermis cage.
All of the following beings have or had the Element of Sonics.
- All De-Matoran - Inaccessible
- All Toa of Sonics
- Kohrak-Kal - Destroyed
- Bohrok-Kal Kaita Ja - Formerly; unmerged
- The Makuta
- All Kraata and Rahkshi of Sonics
- All Kraata and Rahkshi of Silence
- Takutanuva - Formerly; unmerged
- The Sonic Entity
- A Lohrak mutated by the Visorak
The following location is affiliated with Sonics:
- Klakk and Rahkshi of Power Scream can emit non-elemental Sonic screams.
- Boggarak can emit non-elemental Sonic waves from their mouths which transmute enemies into stone or gas.
- Silence has non-elemental Sonic powers.
- Kazi's Echo Forks have non-elemental Sonic powers.
- Vultraz once used a Sonic device to incapacitate a village of De-Matoran.
- The Destral Cycle uses sound to power its motion.
- Super-sensitive hearing also comes with this Element.
- The prefix "De-" was derived from the word "decibel," a real-world measurement unit for sound.
|Elemental Powers||Fire | Water | Jungle | Rock | Sand | Ice|
|Standard||Fire | Water | Air | Stone | Earth | Ice | Light | Shadow|
Lightning | Magnetism | Plasma | Gravity | Sonics | The Green | Iron | Psionics
|Sub-Powers||Heat | Vacuum | Telekinesis | Telepathy|
|Legendary||Life | Time | Creation|
|Standard||Acid | Disintegration | Heat Vision | Laser Vision | Teleportation | Shapeshifting|
|Abilities||Fusions | Nova Blast | Rhotuka | Shadow Hand|
|Characters | Sapient Species | Locations | Flora | Fauna | Objects | Powers | Vehicles | Society | Events|
LEGO | TECHNIC | BIONICLE | Hero Factory | BS01 Wiki | Policies | Sources | Saga Guides | Timeline | Media