Teridax using a Shadow Hand
|Associated Colors||Primary: Black|
Secondary: Dark Colors
Shadow is an Elemental Power.
In the Matoran Universe, Shadow was originally considered to have no moral connotations, being no more good or evil than any other Element. It became associated with evil after the Brotherhood of Makuta's corruption.
- Matoran of Shadow do not occur naturally in the Matoran Universe. However, they can be created from Matoran of any other Elemental affiliation by draining them of their Light. Shadow Matoran contain a small amount of Elemental Shadow energy, to the extent that they can fire Shadow bolts. Both male and female Matoran, Toa, and Turaga of Shadow are capable of existing.
- Toa of Shadow possess the Elemental Power of Shadow, allowing them to create, control and absorb shadows and darkness. Their only real limitation is that when they run out of Elemental Shadow Energy, they have to wait for it to recharge.
- A Turaga of Shadow would hypothetically have small traces of Elemental Shadow energy.
- Shadow Stealer has a limited range of Shadow powers.
- Virtually any being of any species can become drained of a portion of their light. Doing so will give the being limited shadow powers.
- Creating shadows
- Creating a Shadow Hand to absorb others (Makuta-exclusive)
- Controlling shadows
- Cloaking an area in darkness
- Absorbing shadows and turning them into physical energy (Shadow Stealer-exclusive)
- Using shadows to transport oneself
- Unleashing a Shadow Nova Blast (Toa-exclusive)
The following have/had the Element of Shadow and/or its sub-powers:
- Shadow Matoran
- Takanuva (formerly)
- Alternate Shadow Takanuva
- Takutanuva - Formerly; unmerged
- All Makuta
- All Kraata and Rahkshi of Darkness
- Shadow Stealer
- The Kanohi Kraahkan and any user of it
All of the following locations are affiliated with Shadow:
- Shadow is very strong against Light and vice versa.
- With training and focus, especially on the associated emotions of anger and aggression, any being can develop limited Shadow powers, such as Roodaka.
- Any being that has had part of their Light drained by a Shadow Leech will not be able to regenerate their Light, because a mental barrier is then created that prevents it from doing so. The only known cure is a Klakk's sonic scream. If all their Light is used up, they become a being of Shadow. Gorast's stinger and the Kanohi Avsa, however, have no long-term effect unless the Light drain is total.
- Although Makuta cannot use a Shadow Nova Blast, they can create a powerful equivalent, as Mutran demonstrated.
|Elemental Powers||Fire | Water | Jungle | Rock | Sand | Ice|
|Standard||Fire | Water | Air | Stone | Earth | Ice | Light | Shadow|
Lightning | Magnetism | Plasma | Gravity | Sonics | The Green | Iron | Psionics
|Sub-Powers||Heat | Vacuum | Telekinesis | Telepathy|
|Legendary||Life | Time | Creation|
|Standard||Acid | Disintegration | Heat Vision | Laser Vision | Teleportation | Shapeshifting|
|Abilities||Fusions | Nova Blast | Rhotuka | Shadow Hand|
|Characters | Sapient Species | Locations | Flora | Fauna | Objects | Powers | Vehicles | Society | Events|
LEGO | TECHNIC | BIONICLE | Hero Factory | BS01 Wiki | Policies | Sources | Saga Guides | Timeline | Media