Check out the new community chatroom!
"Rhotuka spinners, being pure energy, make very little noise when they fly. Even if the one Roodaka launched had, Nidhiki would never have heard it over the noise of his own thoughts. All he knew was the black pain when it struck, the world spinning in front of his eyes, the bizarre sensation of his muscles shifting, altering, becoming something alien."
— Narrator, Birth of a Dark Hunter
Toa Vakama creating a Rhotuka
|Users||Toa Hagah, Toa Hordika, Dark Hunters, Rahi, others|
|Expression||A spinning wheel of energy is created, with effects varying between individuals|
Rhotuka are wheels of energy with various powers. Almost all beings of the Matoran Universe have the ability to make Rhotuka, but cannot do so without the use of a launcher with which to fire them. Many Rahi and sentient beings of the Matoran Universe developed natural launchers, but there are also artificial launchers that are used by various beings, such as Roodaka, the Toa Hagah, and various Dark Hunters.
The layer of energy that bonds Rhotuka together makes the spinners tangible, so they can be ridden if one should choose to do so. Also, a Rhotuka's flight path can be controlled by the conscious thought of the one who launched it. Each creature with a Rhotuka launcher creates their own unique spinner power. The powers of these Rhotuka are derived from that character's morals, ethics and affinities. All members of the same species of Rahi typically have the same Rhotuka power, though the attributes of sapient creatures will vary between individuals.
- Vakama: Fire (formerly)
- Nokama: Water (formerly)
- Matau: Air (formerly)
- Onewa: Stone (formerly)
- Whenua: Earth (formerly)
- Nuju: Ice (formerly)
- Norik: Slows the target down.
- Iruini: Heals whoever it touches of physical wounds and ailments, though not mutations.
- Norik: Wraps the target in ropes of energy. (formerly)
- Gaaki: Adheres to target and forces it to the water's surface. (formerly)
- Iruini: Attaches to a target and tangles its legs in a net. (formerly)
- Pouks: Flies low to the ground and knocks the legs out from under the target. (formerly)
- Bomonga: Flies noiselessly and paralyzes the target. (formerly)
- Kualus: Attaches to the target and then carries it back. (formerly)
- Ancient: Loss of physical coordination. (formerly; now deceased)
- Conjurer: Absorbs the powers of the target.
- Firedracax: Absorbs thermal energy in air and then redirects it at a target.
- Gatherer: Mind scramble
- Guardian: Stone and Earth
- Savage: Paralysis
- Sentrakh: Turns target temporarily intangible.
- Spinner: Causes loss of balance in target.
- The Shadowed One: Causes temporary insanity in target's mind.
- Vengeance: Rapidly changes from an intangible state to a solid one, allowing it to cut through almost any object.
- Voporak: Disrupts a target's perception of time by a few seconds, making it very difficult to fight.
- Colony Drone: Contains energy the Visorak feed on.
- Ice Vermin: Causes earthquakes, or living creatures to shake themselves apart.
- Keetongu: Shields absorb powers used against Keetongu and can be channeled back through the Rhotuka.
- Protocairn: Temporarily blocks the signals between the mind and the body in a target, causing an opponent to collapse.
- Sea Spider: Temporarily puts a target into stasis
- Venom Flyer: Negates a target's ability to fly, regardless of whether it be by natural or mechanical means.
- All Breeds: Paralyzes a target on contact.
- Boggarak: When used underwater, causes target to swell and float to the surface. When used on land, target is dehydrated and turned to dust.
- Kahgarak: Creates an opening to the Field of Shadows.
- Keelerak: Launches acid that can eat through any material.
- Oohnorak: Temporarily numbs a target.
- Roporak: Drains a target's energy.
- Suukorak: Encases the target in a slowly shrinking electrical field.
- Vohtarak: Target feels such an intense burning pain that it cannot concentrate.
- Temporarily takes away sense of sight from target.
- Temporarily takes away sense of hearing from target.
- Temporarily makes a target unable to speak.
- Temporarily takes away sense of touch from target.
- Umbra: Creates projections of hardened light.
- Roodaka: Permanently mutates target as controlled by Roodaka. Past mutations can also be undone by the Rhotuka.
- Sidorak: Causes victim to demonstrate complete obedience to Sidorak.
- Varian: Puts the target to sleep.
Each Rahaga set contained a Rhotuka of a different color and displayed a code written in Matoran to be entered at the Kanoka Club. Roodaka, Sidorak, and each of the Toa Hordika and Visorak sets contained two silver Rhotuka, one of which also displayed a code. The Keetongu set contained a red Rhotuka containing a code as well. Rhotuka also appeared in some 2005 playsets.
Rhotuka packs were sold separately and contained five spinners. One was always silver and contained a code, and the other four were dual-colored. These were silver and any one of twelve possible colors (the primary colors of the Toa Hordika and the secondary colors of the Visorak).
- Chat with Greg Farshtey, 26. May 2015
|Spherus Magna||Elemental Powers||Fire | Water | Jungle | Rock | Earth | Ice | Sand|
|Standard||Fire | Water | Air | Stone | Earth | Ice | Light | Shadow|
Lightning | Magnetism | Plasma | Gravity | Sonics | The Green | Iron | Psionics
|Sub-Powers||Heat | Vacuum | Telekinesis | Telepathy|
|Legendary||Life | Time | Creation|
|Standard||Acid | Anger | Disintegration | Heat Vision | Laser Vision | Teleportation | Shapeshifting|
|Abilities||Fusions | Nova Blast | Rhotuka | Shadow Hand|
|Kanohi | Krana | Kanohi Nuva | Krana-Kal | Kraata (Variations)|
Kanoka (Toa Disks) (Great Disks) | Rhotuka | Zamor | Sea Squid | Golden Armor | Masks of Power
|BIONICLE Sets of 2005|
|Small||Gaaki | Pouks | Kualus | Norik | Bomonga | Iruini|
|Canister||Standard||Toa Hordika Vakama | Toa Hordika Nokama | Toa Hordika Whenua | Toa Hordika Onewa | Toa Hordika Matau | Toa Hordika Nuju |
Vohtarak | Boggarak | Oohnorak | Roporak | Keelerak | Suukorak
|Special||Toa Iruini | Toa Norik|
|Large||Keetongu | Sidorak | Roodaka | Voporak|
|Playsets||Standard||Visorak Battle Ram | Tower of Toa | The Battle of Metru Nui|
|see full list|
|Characters | Sapient Species | Locations | Flora | Creatures | Rahi | Objects | Powers | Vehicles | Society | Events|
LEGO | TECHNIC | BIONICLE | Hero Factory | BS01 Wiki | Policies | Sources | Saga Guides | Timeline | Media | Sets