BS01 is currently undergoing maintenance over the next couple weeks. Please contact Meiko if you notice any problems.
"Each contained a portion of his consciousness and could function independently of his body as a whole. This allowed him to send parts of himself on the attack as a swarm, or fly, to evade physical attacks more easily, and to slip through spaces too small for an insect."
— Narrator, Legacy of Evil
|Known Locations||Throughout Matoran Universe (formerly), Spherus Magna|
When the Piraka Zaktan was exposed to the Shadowed One's disintegration eye beams, his body mass was transformed into a swarm of billions of Protodites. These Protodites never stopped moving, so Zaktan's body always appeared to be writhing. The number of Protodites making up his body was greatly reduced when Zaktan was exposed to the Pit Mutagen, and were all thought to be destroyed when Zaktan was supposedly killed by Teridax. All of these Protodites later became part of the Skakdi Fusion.
After the Great Spirit Robot was critically damaged in the Battle of Bara Magna, the surviving Protodax left the Matoran Universe and immigrated to Spherus Magna.
Abilities and Traits
Protodites are microscopic in stature, but are known to gather in swarms.
Protodax look identical to a regular Protodite in shape and figure, but on a much larger scale. Protodax also possess the ability to clone themselves after being struck with a weapon or power. The Protodax were incredibly ill-tempered and acted with extreme hostility toward all other living things; it is unknown if this is the natural behavior of Protodites or if their personalities were altered by the Ignika to make them better guardians.
A special breed of Protodites can produce a type of mental energy, which is used to power Judgement Cannons.
At least one Protodax carries a Zamor Launcher, taken from a being that attempted to claim the Ignika and failed, which can fire Zamor Spheres whose powers are to permanently shrink a target down to the size of a Protodite.
The Protodax can be built out of parts from Piraka canister sets Hakann, Avak, and Zaktan using instructions included in the May-June 2006 issue of LEGO Brickmaster magazine. Its two heads each feature a battery-powered LED in the eyes, activated by pressing on the top of the head. The model was designed by Daniel Lipkowitz.
"That 'body made of multiple little pieces' thing is a neat trick. Must be lousy when you sneeze, though."
— Toa Nuva Tahu to Piraka Zaktan, Island of Doom
"The Protodax are violent beasts. They do not kill with honor – they simply kill."
— Umbra, Inferno
- BIONICLE Legends 10: Swamp of Secrets (Mentioned Only)
- BIONICLE Adventures 7: Web of the Visorak (Mentioned Only)
- BIONICLE Legends 1: Island of Doom (First Appearance; As Zaktan)
- Comic 1: If a Universe Ends (As Zaktan)
- BIONICLE Legends 2: Dark Destiny (As Zaktan)
- BIONICLE Legends 3: Power Play (As Zaktan)
- Comic 3: Showdown (As Zaktan)
- BIONICLE Legends 4: Legacy of Evil (As Zaktan)
- BIONICLE Legends 5: Inferno (As Protodax and Zaktan)
- BIONICLE Legends 8: Downfall (As Zaktan)
- Dwellers In Darkness (As Zaktan)
- Reign of Shadows (As Zaktan)
- BIONICLE: Metru Nui - City of Legends (Mentioned Only)
- BIONICLE: Rahi Beasts (Mentioned Only)
- BIONICLE: Encyclopedia (Mentioned Only)
- BIONICLE: Encyclopedia Updated (Mentioned Only)
- BIONICLE Heroes (Non-canonical Appearance; As Zaktan)
|Characters | Sapient Species | Locations | Flora | Fauna | Objects | Powers | Vehicles | Society | Events|
LEGO | TECHNIC | BIONICLE | Hero Factory | BS01 Wiki | Policies | Sources | Saga Guides | Timeline | Media