"Po-Matoran carvers don't believe in anything they cannot see, touch, and hit with a hammer. And if they do... they keep it to themselves."
— Toa Metru Onewa, Maze of Shadows
|Preferred regions||Arid regions|
|Transforms into||Toa of Stone|
Abilities and Traits
The Po-Matoran have inactive Stone powers. The Po-Matoran on the city of Metru Nui take on the occupation of craftsmen and carvers, whereas those on Mata Nui tend to be athletic and often play the Matoran game of Kolhii. On the island of Voya Nui and Mahri Nui, the Po-Matoran share the many occupations there.
Po-Matoran are the most involved in sports of the Matoran, and are highly competitive. However, few of them can swim, and they seem to all share an instinctive fear of water. On Mata Nui and later Metru Nui, they valued Unity and Destiny the most out of the Three Virtues, from which they derive their Principle of Creation and the skill of Strategy.
Identifiable physical attributes of Po-Matoran include different shades of brown, yellow, orange, tan, and black Kanohi and armor. They are also one of the many male Matoran types.
- Ahkmou: A traitorous Po-Matoran loyal to Teridax. Aided the Dark Hunters on Metru Nui, and sold corrupted Kolhii balls on Mata Nui.
- Ally: A Po-Koro Guard.
- Bour: A bricklayer on Mata Nui.
- Dekar (transformed): Once an aqua hunter in Mahri Nui; transformed by the Kanohi Ignika into Hydraxon's replica.
- Epena: A Quarry master.
- Gadjati: A Carver on Mata Nui.
- Golyo: A Mahi Herder on Mata Nui.
- Hafu: A Master Carver, a member of the Chronicler's company, and a Kolhii champion.
- Hewkii (transformed): Once the right hand of Turaga Onewa. The all-time top Kolhii scorer and inventor of the new Kolhii. Later became a Toa Inika and then a Toa Mahri.
- Kamen: A Carver on Mata Nui.
- Kivi: A Carver on Mata Nui.
- Kodan (deceased): The Chronicler of Metru Nui; killed by Eliminator
- Onewa (transformed): Once a Carver before he became a Toa Metru and Toa Hordika, now a Turaga of Stone.
- Pekka: A carpenter on Mata Nui.
- Piatra: A guard on Mata Nui.
- Podu: A Kolhii player on Mata Nui.
- Pouks (transformed): Eventually became the Toa Hagah of Stone.
- Velika: A Great Being posing as a Po-Matoran; the inventor in the Voya Nui Resistance Team.
- Various members of the Po-Koro Guard.[BOA, Ep. 1]
- A Mahri Nui Po-Matoran who spoke at a Council meeting.[BL6]
- A Mahri Nui Po-Matoran who had a hobby of collecting rocks from the sea floor. Defilak decided to build a submarine to help him.[BL6]
- A Po-Matoran who wears a brown Noble Matatu.[BOA, Ep. 1]
- A Po-Matoran who wears a black Great Hau.[MNOG]
- A Po-Matoran Trader who wears a brown Great Miru.[MNOG]
- A Po-Matoran who wears a black Noble Komau.[BOA, Ep. 5]
- A Po-Matoran who wears a Great Hau and sold souvenirs near the Po-Wahi Beach on Mata Nui.[MNOG]
- A Po-Matoran who was transformed into a Toa of Stone and joined the Toa Cordak before being killed by Zyglak. (transformed; deceased) [DroD, Ch. 9]
- A Po-Matoran who became a Toa and joined the Toa Mangai;[OGDi: Jul 23 2010, 02:17 PM] killed by Eliminator. (transformed, deceased) [BEU]
- Chat with Greg Farshtey, 15 August 2014 (archive)
|Current||Ahkmou | Ally | Bour | Epena | Gadjati | Golyo | Hafu | Kamen | Kivi | Pekka | Piatra | Podu | Velika|
|Transformed||Dekar | Hewkii | Onewa | Pouks|
|see full list|
|Ta-Matoran | Ga-Matoran | Le-Matoran | Po-Matoran | Onu-Matoran | Ko-Matoran | Av-Matoran | Shadow Matoran |
Ba-Matoran | Bo-Matoran | Ce-Matoran | De-Matoran | Fa-Matoran | Fe-Matoran | Su-Matoran | Vo-Matoran
|Characters | Sapient Species | Locations | Flora | Creatures | Rahi | Objects | Powers | Vehicles | Society | Events|
LEGO | TECHNIC | BIONICLE | Hero Factory | BS01 Wiki | Policies | Sources | Saga Guides | Timeline | Media | Sets