"Less than fifteen minutes later, they were on the march, over one hundred Toa with Lhikan and Nidhiki in the lead. Clouds of dust kicked up under their armored feet as they traveled well-worn paths through Po-Metru. Each of them had lost a brother or a sister Toa in this war, and all wanted it to end. But not before they had made the Dark Hunters pay in full for their crimes."
— Narrator, Birth of a Dark Hunter
- 1 Toa Outside Teams
- 2 Miscellaneous Toa
- 3 Transformed Toa
- 4 Toa Teams
- 5 Alternate Toa
- 6 References
- 7 See also
Toa Outside Teams
- Chiara - A Toa of Lightning who previously traveled alone before joining a team formed by Tahu
- Helryx - The first Toa, a Toa of Water and the leader of the Order of Mata Nui
- Krakua - A Toa of Sonics who contacted Vakama in a vision to foretell the quest of the Toa Inika; currently a member of the Order of Mata Nui
- Orde - The first Toa of Psionics, whose brash actions led to all subsequent users of the element being created as females
- Varian - A Toa of Psionics whom the Shadowed One has in stasis
- Zaria - One of the last remaining Toa of Iron, who is known to have killed a Makuta
- Several Shadow Takanuva taken from other dimensions whose light has been drained by Shadow Leeches
- A Toa once imprisoned by the Brotherhood of Makuta; this Toa was forced by Mutran to use a Kanohi Rau to communicate with the Blade Burrowers in Kalmah's old realm, but learned nothing from them (deceased)
- A Toa of Plasma (deceased) - Killed by Zaktan
- A Toa of Sonics (revived) - Killed by Hakann and Avak
- Various Toa of Water (revived) - Killed by Hakann
- A Toa of Gravity (revived) - Killed by Lariska
- A Toa supposedly killed by the Dark Hunter Charger, from whom the latter got his tool (revived)
- A Toa who visited Nynrah to secure a deal; he went after the Dark Hunters after the theft of the prototype Zamor Launchers and was killed. (revived)
- A Toa who wore a Kanohi Suletu who died on the way to Karzahni (revived)
- Numerous Toa of Iron and Magnetism killed by the Brotherhood of Makuta (revived)
- Three Toa that were killed by Nektann during the Battle of Bara Magna (deceased)
- Several Toa of Water that helped move aquatic Rahi to Spherus Magna
- Dume - Former Toa of Fire, now a Turaga of Fire
- Savage - A Toa Hordika of Earth in the service of the Dark Hunters
- Spinner - A former Toa of Air, now a Dark Hunter
- A Toa of Fire - Fused with a Toa of Earth with the Spear of Fusion to form Prototype
- A Toa of Earth - Fused with a Toa of Fire with the Spear of Fusion to form Prototype
Led by Jovan, this team was the first to reach the Kanohi Ignika, traveling during the Great Disruption. They successfully claimed the mask and used it in Karda Nui, healing Mata Nui at the cost of one of the team's members. Several of the survivors became Turaga, leading Matoran in other areas.
- Jovan (transformed) - A Toa of Magnetism who became the lone Turaga of Voya Nui; he died during the Great Cataclysm and was revived on the Red Star.
- A male Toa who used the Kanohi Ignika; died while reluctantly using the mask. (deceased)
- A Toa who wore a Kanohi Olmak; killed, mask stolen by the Makuta. (deceased)
- A Toa who wore a Kanohi Elda
- A number of Toa who became Turaga (transformed)
Varian and Norik's Team
This team was originally two separate teams, who came together in order to fight off Protocairns and Parakrekks, and stayed together after the battles due to the success of their teamwork. This team would send members off in pairs on missions around the universe. During one such assignment, Norik and Varian encountered the Dark Hunters, who kidnapped Varian but released Norik. Norik eventually left this team to join the Toa Hagah, and his remaining teammates presented him with metallic armor and weapons as a badge of honor.
- A Toa of Gravity - The leader of the team whom Varian convinced to allow her to participate in more dangerous missions.
- Varian (formerly)
- Norik (formerly)
- An undisclosed number of other Toa serving on the team
Makoki Stone Guard Team
This team was active around 7,000 years ago, defending the Makoki Stone at a Toa Fortress; all but one of the members died in an attack from Frostelus. Karzahni later trapped Lesovikk in an illusion in which the Toa Cordak came to the aid of this team and saved them from utter destruction at the hands of the Frostelus.
- The leader of the team, who ordered Lhikan to escape and warn others (revived)
- A Toa of The Green (revived)
- A Toa who used a flail (revived)
- A Toa who used a mace (revived)
- Lhikan - A Toa of Fire who was a rookie at the time. He escaped on the orders of the team's leader and was the only survivor of the Frostelus attack.
Lhikan commanded more than 300 Toa in the Toa-Dark Hunter War on Metru Nui, of whom most are now either deceased or transformed into Turaga. The team was initially comprised of around 200 members gathered by Naho, who arrived early in the war to help Lhikan's team. The rest came to Metru Nui at the very end of the war to surround the Dark Hunters and force them to surrender. This is considered the largest Toa team to have ever existed.
Other Toa Teams
- Dume's Team - A Toa team Dume once led. Most of these Toa later became Turaga and ruled over various lands, possibly including an island near Metru Nui.
- Orde's Team - A Toa team to which Orde once belonged. They rescued him from Odina a few days after he was captured helping a dozen Matoran laborers escape.
- Savage's Team - A Toa team to which Savage once belonged. Savage was separated from his team and mutated by Hordika Venom. When he returned, his teammates did not recognize him, and attacked him, thinking him to be a dangerous Rahi. In the ensuing conflict, Savage badly hurt his teammates and fled into the wilderness.
- Spinner's Team - A Toa team who fought mutated Rahkshi while traveling abroad, and whom Spinner blamed for his fall into a deep pit.
- Zaria's Team - A Toa team to which Zaria once belonged. It did not include any other Toa of Iron.
- Six teams of Toa Hagah that served Makuta other than Teridax: Antroz, Chirox, Mutran, Spiriah, Tridax, and the Makuta of Stelt. Most of these teams had six Toa apiece, though they were not limited to the six main elements. After Teridax's Toa Hagah rebelled, most of these Toa were put to death.
- Several Toa Hagah who were used as raw materials for Rahi by Chirox. (transformed)
- A team of Toa that fought and imprisoned the Kanohi Dragon the first time it appeared in Metru Nui.
- A team of Toa that resided on the island of Xia and defended it from pirates and thieves.
- A team of Toa that fought against the Dark Hunter called Poison.
- A team of Toa on the Northern Continent that was killed off as part of a Dark Hunter plot. (revived)
- Five other teams of Toa from which Makuta Teridax chose his Toa Hagah.
In The Kingdom Alternate Universe, Matoro failed to revive Mata Nui and the survivors of his death were forced to flee to the island of Mata Nui. Takanuva created at least six new Toa before becoming a Turaga:
In the Toa Empire Alternate Universe, there exists a Toa Empire led by Tuyet. Known miscellaneous Toa in the empire include:
- A Toa of Iron that defended the Coliseum, killed Takua, and destroyed Makuta Kojol's armor.
- A Toa of Plasma that defended the Coliseum and killed Kojol.
- A Toa of Magnetism that defended the Coliseum.
- A Toa of the Green that helped defend the Coliseum and whose plantlife dragged Nuju into the Archives.
- A team of Toa who were on their way to assist the battle outside the Coliseum, but were buried by Takanuva.
- Half a dozen Toa who were killed by Guardian before his death. (revived)
In this dimension, the Great Spirit Mata Nui was never built, and the Toa were designed to be small and agile in order to complete their mission: retrieve Energized Protodermis from the core of their world, Spherus Magna, and repair it as well as possible. Known Toa of this universe include:
In this universe, Mata Nui completed his mission with little difficulty and reformed Spherus Magna. The Toa then took up positions helping the Agori and Glatorian to rebuild their villages. Known Toa of this universe include:
- Chat with Greg Farshtey, 1. April 2016
- Chat with Greg Farshtey, 21. April 2016
- Chat with Greg Farshtey, 29. July 2014
- Chat with Greg Farshtey, 4. September 2014
- BZPower: Farshtey Feed, 17. July 2010 (archive)
- BZPower: Farshtey Feed, 12. December 2008
- BZPower: Farshtey Feed, 14. February 2010
- BZPower: Farshtey Feed, 11. May 2010 (archive)
- BZPower: Farshtey Feed, 6. August 2010
|Alive||Helryx | Chiara | Krakua | Zaria | Orde | Varian|
|Transformed||Dume | Spinner | Jovan (revived) | Prototype | Savage|
|see full list|
|Characters | Sapient Species | Locations | Flora | Creatures | Rahi | Objects | Powers | Vehicles | Society | Events|
LEGO | TECHNIC | BIONICLE | Hero Factory | BS01 Wiki | Policies | Sources | Saga Guides | Timeline | Media | Sets