Parent Page: Characters
|Onu-Matoran in Onu-Koro|
|Preferred Regions||Subterranean regions|
|Transforms Into||Toa of Earth|
Abilities and Traits
The Onu-Matoran have inactive Earth powers. Onu-Matoran prefer to look to history for the answers to their questions; on Metru Nui, this placed them in direct conflict with the future-oriented Ko-Matoran, leading to various incidents between the two Metru, including Onu-Matoran undermining Knowledge Towers in their expansion of the Archives, causing the Towers to collapse. On Mata Nui, the Onu-Matoran called anyone not from their village "surfacers."
Onu-Matoran often prefer to stay underground; they also possess a strength greater than most types of Matoran, though not as much as some, and spend much of their time mining. Onu-Matoran see well in the darkness, which leads to a slight hindering of their vision in sunlight, which they dislike. The Onu-Matoran living in Mata Nui and Metru Nui value Duty and Destiny the most out of the Three Virtues, from which they derive their Principle of Prosperity, and the Skill of Stamina.
Identifiable physical attributes of Onu-Matoran include black, gray, tan, orange, and purple Kanohi and armor. Onu-Matoran also have dark green eyes, and are male.
- Aiyetoro: A Miner.
- Akamu: A Crafter.
- Azibo: A Prospector.
- Bomonga: Formerly; now the Toa Hagah of Earth.
- Damek: A Guard on both Mata Nui and Metru Nui.
- Dosne: The mining captain.
- Gar: Former Mahri Nui resident and best friend of Defilak.
- Garan: The former leader of the Voya Nui Resistance Team.
- Kaj: A guard.
- Mamru: The Chief Prospector.
- Mavrah: An Archivist from Metru Nui who fled with a group of Rahi he was studying rather than letting them be driven out of the city.
- Midak: An Onu-Matoran who prefers the light and enjoys living above ground. Was an Ussal tender on Mata Nui.
- Nuparu: Formerly; the Engineer who invented the Kralhi and Vahki on Metru Nui and the Boxor on Mata Nui. Later became a Toa Inika and then a Toa Mahri.
- Onepu: Captain of the Ussalry, five-time winner of the Great Ussal Race, and right hand to Turaga Whenua.
- Reysa: Hydruka herder and Mahri Nui resident; deceased.
- Subterranean: Former Onu-Matoran of Metru Nui; now a Dark Hunter who hunts Toa.
- Taipu: A strong but slow Onu-Koro miner, who was part of the Chronicler's Company.
- Tehutti: A miner on Mata Nui and a archivist on Metru Nui.
- Whenua: Formerly; now a Turaga of Earth, once an archivist until he became a Toa Metru and a Toa Hordika.
- Zemya: Onu-Koro's Trader.
- An Onu-Matoran who investigated the Sundial Entrance to Mangaia.
|Current||Aiyetoro | Akamu | Azibo | Damek | Dosne | Gar | Garan | Kaj | Mamru | Mavrah | Midak | Onepu | Taipu | Tehutti | Zemya|
|Transformed||Bomonga | Nuparu | Subterranean | Whenua|
|see full list|
|Ta-Matoran | Ga-Matoran | Le-Matoran | Po-Matoran | Onu-Matoran | Ko-Matoran | Av-Matoran | Shadow Matoran|
Vo-Matoran | Su-Matoran | Ba-Matoran | De-Matoran | Fa-Matoran | Fe-Matoran | Ce-Matoran | Bo-Matoran
|Characters | Sapient Species | Locations | Flora | Fauna | Objects | Powers | Vehicles | Society | Events|
LEGO | TECHNIC | BIONICLE | Hero Factory | BS01 Wiki | Policies | Sources | Saga Guides | Timeline | Media