|Powers||Use of Masks of Power|
The Islanders are the main inhabitants of Okoto.
A long time ago, the Mask Makers Ekimu and Makuta created Masks of Power for the villagers of Okoto, who used them to carve out their own livable niche in the island. Ekimu's masks grew to be favored by the islanders for his good craftsmanship, which ignited feelings of resentment in his brother, leading to his betrayal.
Some time later, the Skull Spiders began to invade the dwellings of the islanders. The Protectors traveled to the Temple of Time - with Protector Nilkuu getting aid from Jungle Villager Bingzak - and recited the Prophecy, summoning the elemental heroes known as the Toa.
When the Toa landed on Okoto, the islanders quickly came to their aid. Narmoto led his village to Tahu's landing site and told Tahu of his destiny. Soon after, several Skull Spiders began to attack, but Tahu effortlessly defeated them, awing the villagers. The Protectors then accompanied each Toa to find their Golden Masks of Power.
After the Toa and Protectors succeeded in defeating the Skull Army and awakening Ekimu, the islanders were called to the City of the Mask Makers in order to make it their new home and continue to guard against evil.
Narmoto gathered several of the villagers in order to share the tale of the heroic exploits of the Toa, after which they saw the heroes emerge from Ekimu's forge with new masks and weapons. Afterwards the villagers were terrorized by an attacking group of Skull Spiders and Skull Warriors, but the Toa swiftly defeated them.
Abilities and Traits
The islanders inhabit regions on Okoto which are aligned with their element. They hold the Temple of Time as their most sacred place.
There are children islanders, and the leadership of their villages is inherited by each new generation.
Masks and Tools
The normal islanders wear solid-colored masks that are similar in shape to those of their leaders, the Protectors. The Protectors' masks are blended with a translucent color, and the Protectors are the only Islanders shown to carry weapons with elemental powers.
- Izotor - Protector of Ice
- Kivoda - Protector of Water
- Korgot - Protector of Earth
- Narmoto - Protector of Fire
- Nilkuu - Protector of Stone
- Vizuna - Protector of Jungle
- Many former residents of the Region of Fire
- Narmoto's son
- A crowd of villagers who accompanied Narmoto to Tahu's landing site
- A villager who helped fight the Shadow Horde
- Many former residents of the Region of Ice
- An expedition who became trapped in an abandoned city by Skull Spiders
- An axe-carrying villager, one of four Okotans who fought the Elemental Beasts
- Many former and current residents of the Region of Jungle
- Bingzak, a child Jungle villager
- Harvali, an archaeologist Jungle Islander
- Several jungle villagers who were controlled or menaced by Skull Spiders
- The residents of a Jungle village destroyed by the Shadow Horde
- A sword and shield carrying villager who fought alongside the Elemental Creatures
- Many former and current residents of the Region of Water
- A villager who helped defend the City of the Mask Makers
- Many former and current residents of the Region of Stone
- Melea, a female Stone Islander
- Ako, one of Melea's nephews
- Oda, another of Melea's nephews
- Many former and current residents of the Region of Earth
- A group of guardsmen who with Korgot witnessed Onua's arrival
- Okoto's Protectors at the time of Makuta's Betrayal
- Agarak, former Protector of Jungle
- Etoku, former Protector of Earth
- Kerato, former Protector of Stone
- Mamuk, former Protector of Fire
- Owaki, former Protector of Water
- Uganu, former Protector of Ice
- Several ancient Islanders
- The groundskeeper of the City of the Mask Makers
- Makuta's servant from the Stone Tribe
- The Chief of Capital City from the Stone Tribe
- A Jungle villager who was Agarak's wife
- A Jungle villager who was Agarak's son
- Numerous Okotans who attended the Festival of Masks
- Numerous inhabitants of Capital City at the time of Makuta's Betrayal
The six Protectors were released in January 2015 as small sets. Each set includes a Mask of Power and a Skull Spider. The Protector sets can each be combined with the Toa of their respective element to create a larger model.
- The groundskeeper from the time of Makuta's Betrayal wears orange amor in Battle of the Mask Makers, but wears purple armor in The Journey to One.
- Matoran - The diminutive but populous species of the Matoran Universe in BIONICLE's first generation.
- Agori - Independent, hardworking villagers on Spherus Magna in BIONICLE's first generation.
|Characters | Sapient Species | Locations | Flora | Creatures | Rahi | Objects | Powers | Vehicles | Society | Events|
LEGO | TECHNIC | BIONICLE | Hero Factory | BS01 Wiki | Policies | Sources | Saga Guides | Timeline | Media | Sets