"They think they have found a new world. How could they know nothing waits here for them... but death?"
— Angonce, The Yesterday Quest
|Powers||Detection of Toa Power|
Resistance to elemental powers[OGQ: Nov 24 2010, 11:13 PM]
|Pronunciation||mah-renn-DARR[OGQ: October 30 2010, 02:38 PM][note 1]|
Wary of the threat the Toa could pose to the inhabitants of Spherus Magna if they came into conflict, the Great Beings created a living weapon to hunt down and destroy Toa. They named it Marendar, after an Agori word meaning "salvation."[TYQ, Ch. 1] Before the Shattering, Marendar was placed in a vault beneath Bara Magna to be released if the Toa went rogue.[OGDi: Aug 11 2010, 05:14 PM]
Abilities and Traits
Marendar tracks Toa by detecting their Toa Power and has a natural resistance to elemental powers.[OGQ: Nov 24 2010, 11:13 PM] The Great Beings believed that no Toa team could stand against it.[TYQ, Ch. 1]
- Marendar was developed around the same time as the elemental power inhibitor, but by different Great Beings.
- Velika may have helped to create Marendar.
- BZPower: Farshtey Feed, 9 January 2012 (archive)
- Chat with Greg Farshtey, 8 August 2014 (archive)
- Chat with Greg Farshtey, 29 May 2015
- Chat with Greg Farshtey, 26 May 2015
- Chat with Greg Farshtey, 30 September 2016
- Greg Farshtey provided this pronunciation on the BZPower forums, where the slang term "mah" was filtered to its standard form "my."[OGDi: Sep 10 2008, 11:15 PM] As such, the pronunciation was erroneously listed as "my-renn-DARR." It is unclear whether the original syllable was intended as "MAH" or "mah" as it seems BZPower's software filtered both strings to an all-lowercase "my."
|Characters | Sapient Species | Locations | Flora | Creatures | Rahi | Objects | Powers | Vehicles | Society | Events|
LEGO | TECHNIC | BIONICLE | Hero Factory | BS01 Wiki | Policies | Sources | Saga Guides | Timeline | Media | Sets