Due to strain on the server, we are implementing an edit cooldown. After making five edits, please wait one minute before making any more. Also, please double-check your edits before saving to avoid editing the same page multiple times.
"The Toa of Air put the delay to good use, using his Mask of Illusion to take on the appearance of the Lohrak."
— Narrator, Web of the Visorak
|Title||Mask of Illusion|
|Powers||Create optical illusions|
|Component disks||Reconstitutes at Random and Weaken|
The Kanohi Mahiki is the Mask of Illusion. The Great version allows its user to create optical illusions, including changing their own appearance. The user can change the way others see them and imitate voices, but cannot copy any powers the original has. The Noble version does not let the user change their appearance. Instead, it only allows them to create optical illusions. The Kanohi Rode will see through its usage, while a Kanohi Elda will allow its user to sense a being hidden by an illusion.
- Great: Matau used his mask to disguise himself as a Vahki in Legends of Metru Nui.
- Noble: Kopaka used a Kanohi Mahiki to make multiple illusions of himself to confuse a Muaka in the Mata Nui Online Game.
- Toa Metru Matau - Formerly; briefly mutated when he became a Toa Hordika; became Noble when he transformed into a Turaga
- Matau - Formerly; became Great when he transformed into a Toa Metru
- Turaga Vakama - Former secondary mask; destroyed during the sinking of Ta-Koro
- Turaga Nokama - Secondary mask
- Turaga Matau - Primary mask
- Turaga Onewa - Secondary mask
- Turaga Whenua - Secondary mask
- Turaga Nuju - Secondary mask
- The Toa Mata - Former secondary masks; lost when they became Toa Nuva, now with the Turaga
|A Matoran Kanohi Mahiki in Great form, as seen in Legends of Metru Nui|
|A Great Kanohi Mahiki|
|A Great Kanohi Mahiki mutated by Hordika Venom|
|A Noble Kanohi Mahiki|
- The Mahiki's illusions differ from those created by the Makuta: Mahiki illusions deceive a target's vision, whereas the Makuta's deceive the mind.
- Although Matau describes the Mahiki's power as Shapeshifting in BIONICLE 2: Legends of Metru Nui, this is a misconception. The Mahiki does not allow its user to change their physical form, only their appearance.
- Chat with Greg Farshtey, 17 May 2015
|Legendary||Ignika | Vahi | Mask of Creation|
|Great/Noble||Hau | Kaukau | Miru | Kakama | Pakari | Akaku | Aki | Rua|
Huna | Rau | Mahiki | Komau | Ruru | Matatu
Calix | Elda | Suletu | Sanok | Kadin | Iden
Arthron | Faxon | Zatth | Garai | Volitak | Tryna
Jutlin | Avsa | Felnas | Mohtrek | Shelek | Crast | Mask of Mutation | Mask of Scavenging
Pehkui | Mask of Clairvoyance | Kualsi | Mask of Emulation | Mask of Growth | Mask of Rahi Control
Avohkii | Kraahkan | Mask of Light and Shadow
Mask of Psychometry | Rode | Olmak | Mask of Charisma
Olisi | Kiril | Mask of Intangibility | Mask of Possibilities | Mask of Elemental Energy
|Nuva||Hau Nuva | Kaukau Nuva | Miru Nuva | Kakama Nuva | Pakari Nuva | Akaku Nuva | Aki Nuva | Rua Nuva|
|Others||Golden Kanohi | Infected Kanohi | Mask of Victory | Other Kanohi|
|Characters | Sapient Species | Locations | Flora | Creatures | Rahi | Objects | Powers | Vehicles | Society | Events|
LEGO | TECHNIC | BIONICLE | Hero Factory | BS01 Wiki | Policies | Sources | Saga Guides | Timeline | Media | Sets