BS01 is currently undergoing maintenance over the next couple days. Please contact Meiko if you notice any problems.
"In their raw, unrefined state, lightstones can be so bright as to be almost blinding to unshielded eyes."
— Encyclopedia Updated
|Status||Out of use|
|Function||To provide light|
Lightstones are small, usually yellowish stones made from Glowing Protodermis that give off a bright glow.
Lightstones deposits exist in several locations of the Matoran Universe. When they are first mined, Lightstones are unrefined and give off a excruciatingly bright and blinding glow. After being extracted, they were treated to dim the glow to acceptable levels.
Lightstones were mined in great quantities in the Onu-Metru Lightstone Mines, and used to provide interior illumination for Matoran Homes. Many of the Lightstones on Metru Nui drew their energy from the power plant in the Coliseum. When the plant was knocked offline by Teridax, many Lightstones went dark, but some on Metru Nui and most on Mata Nui continued to glow, receiving their power from Karda Nui.
When the Matoran Universe was fundamentally damaged in the Battle of Bara Magna, Karda Nui ceased its energy output, and Lightstones lost their function. The Matoran did not bring any with them as they immigrated to Spherus Magna.
There are six giant Lightstones within the Codrex, placed there by the Great Beings. These Lightstones were intended to be charged with energy provided by a Toa, and sent to Mata Nui to revive him from his slumber.
When Makuta Antroz hijacked the Jetrax T6, the vehicle accidentally hit one of the Lightstones and was temporarily super-charged with raw energy. Later, the Toa Nuva began the energy-charging process, but knew that they did not have the time to wait for the charging to finish. They realized the Ignika could provide the energy needed to do the process in its entirety, and convinced it to sacrifice its newfound life to do the job. The Ignika charged all of the Lightstones simultaneously, and the energy released awoke the Great Spirit, beginning the Energy Storms.
Lightstones were charged with energy from Karda Nui, and gave off a bright glow. Lightstones varied in size and properties. They were believed to be related in some way to Heatstones. Some Lightstones, like those used to provide light for the Domes of the Matoran Universe, were very large and powerful. Certain Lightstones had individual properties; in the Chamber of Death beneath the Southern Continent, the Lightstones gave off a dark red glow.
As the Matoran Universe is disabled, Lightstones no longer give off a glow.
- BIONICLE Legends 10: Swamp of Secrets (In a Flashback)
- The Many Deaths of Toa Tuyet
- BIONICLE Adventures 3: The Darkness Below
- BIONICLE 2: Legends of Metru Nui
- BIONICLE Adventures 4: Legends of Metru Nui
- Comic 20: Struggle in the Sky (Mentioned Only)
- Comic 21: Dreams of Darkness (In a Vision)
- BIONICLE Adventures 10: Time Trap
- BIONICLE Chronicles 4: Tales of the Masks (Mentioned Only)
- BIONICLE: Mask of Light (Mentioned Only)
- The Legend Continues (Mentioned Only)
- BIONICLE Legends 5: Inferno
- Barraki: Creeps From the Deep
- BIONICLE Legends 6: City of the Lost
- Dark Mirror (In an Alternate Universe)
- BIONICLE Legends 9: Shadows in the Sky (Mentioned Only)
- Comic 14: Endgame
- Takanuva's Blog
- Destiny War
- Brothers In Arms (In an Alternate Universe)
- The Final Battle Animation
- BIONICLE Legends 11: The Final Battle
- Comic 15: Mata Nui Rising
- Reign of Shadows
- BIONICLE: Encyclopedia (Mentioned Only)
- BIONICLE: Encyclopedia Updated (Mentioned Only)
- Mata Nui Online Game
- Bohrok Online Animations
- Mata Nui Online Game II: The Final Chronicle
- Whenua's Toa Metru Mini Promo CD
- Toa Metru Promo Animations
- BIONICLE: The Game (Non-canonical Appearance)
- Voya Nui Online Game (Non-canonical Appearance)
- BIONICLE Heroes (Non-canonical Appearance)
- BZPower: Farshtey Feed, 9. June 2012
|Characters | Sapient Species | Locations | Flora | Fauna | Objects | Powers | Vehicles | Society | Events|
LEGO | TECHNIC | BIONICLE | Hero Factory | BS01 Wiki | Policies | Sources | Saga Guides | Timeline | Media