The Electric Shields in use
|Associated Colors||Primary: Blue|
Lightning or Electricity is an Elemental Power.
In the Matoran Universe, Lightning is often represented by the Matoran prefix Vo-, as well as the colors blue and white.
- Vo-Matoran represent the Element of Lightning. They contain a minuscule amount of Elemental Lightning Energy, to the extent that they have great resistance to electric shocks. All Matoran, Toa, and Turaga of Lightning are female.
- Toa of Lightning have the Elemental Power of Lightning, allowing them to create, control, and absorb lightning. Their only real limitation is that when they run out of Elemental Lightning Energy, they must wait for it to recharge.
- A Turaga of Lightning would hypothetically have small traces of Elemental Lightning Energy.
- Tahnok-Kal had a wide range of Lightning powers.
- A Skakdi of Lightning would only be able to access their power if they worked with another Skakdi, or if they carried a weapon that would allow them to focus their Lightning power individually.
- Avohkah were sentient beings made of lightning.
- Creating electricity
- Creating a defensive shield of electricity
- Shocking/paralyzing an opponent with electricity
- Electrically charging an object
- Controlling electricity
- Absorbing electricity
- Unleashing a Lightning Nova Blast (Toa exclusive)
Beings other than Toa and the Krahka cannot combine powers of any sort to create a Protodermis cage. As long as each wields a different element, providing that Light and Shadow are not mixed at the same time, any six Toa can create a Protodermis cage.
All of the following beings/objects have/had the Element of Lightning:
- All Vo-Matoran - Inaccessible
- All Toa of Lightning
- Tahnok-Kal - Destroyed
- The Makuta
- All Kraata and Rahkshi of Electricity
- All Kraata and Rahkshi of Chain Lightning
- Takutanuva - Formerly; unmerged
- Although Brutaka's Rotating Blades, the Exo-Toa's Electro-Rockets, Hakann's Lava Launcher, the Mahri Nui Matoran's Electro-Blades, Hewkii's Electrified Chains and Suukorak's Rhotuka all emit electricity, they do not have Elemental Powers.
- Ehlek, Axonn, Rahkshi and Kraata of Chain Lightning, the Hordika Dragons, the Kraahu, a Red Serpent, Lightning Bugs, Electric Bugs, Electric Spiders, and one of the First Rahi all have non-elemental lightning powers.
- The Toa Inika had non-elemental lightning intertwined with their regular elemental powers. They lacked the ability to separate this lightning, and were forced to use it in conjunction with their regular powers.
- Increased resistance to electrical shocks also comes with this Element.
- The prefix "Vo-" was derived from the term "Volt," a unit used for measuring the difference in electric potential across a wire. The measurement was named after Alessandro Volta, credited as creator of the first electrochemical cell.
|Elemental Powers||Fire | Water | Jungle | Rock | Sand | Ice|
|Standard||Fire | Water | Air | Stone | Earth | Ice | Light | Shadow|
Lightning | Magnetism | Plasma | Gravity | Sonics | The Green | Iron | Psionics
|Sub-Powers||Heat | Vacuum | Telekinesis | Telepathy|
|Legendary||Life | Time | Creation|
|Standard||Acid | Heat Vision | Laser Vision | Teleportation | Shapeshifting|
|Abilities||Fusions | Nova Blast | Rhotuka | Shadow Hand|
|Characters | Sapient Species | Locations | Flora | Fauna | Objects | Powers | Vehicles | Society | Events|
LEGO | TECHNIC | BIONICLE | Hero Factory | BS01 Wiki | Policies | Sources | Saga Guides | Timeline | Media