"There, it stood locked into place, a prisoner of its own electrical forces, which swirled in the air around it and formed a constant shimmer of concentrated lightning."
— Narrator, Makuta's Revenge
The Electric Shields in use
|Associated Colors||Primary: Blue|
Lightning or Electricity is an Elemental Power.
In the Matoran Universe, Lightning is often represented by the Matoran prefix Vo-, as well as the colors blue and white.
- Vo-Matoran represent the Element of Lightning. They contain a minuscule amount of Elemental Lightning Energy, to the extent that they have great resistance to electric shocks. Almost all Matoran, Toa, and Turaga of Lightning are female.
- Toa of Lightning have the Elemental Power of Lightning, allowing them to create, control, and absorb lightning. Their only real limitation is that when they run out of Elemental Lightning Energy, they must wait for it to recharge.
- Turaga of Lightning have small traces of Elemental Lightning powers.
- Tahnok-Kal had a wide range of Lightning powers.
- Rahkshi and Kraata of Chain Lightning and Electricity, as well as all Makuta, have Lightning powers.
- The Avohkah were sentient beings made of lightning.
- Some of the First Rahi can emit powerful electric shocks.
- All Lightning Bugs can emit minor electric shocks.
- The Red Serpent could emit powerful electric shocks.
- Skakdi of Lightning can only access their power if they work with another Skakdi, or if they carry a weapon that allows them to focus their Lightning power individually.
- Creating electricity
- Creating a defensive shield of electricity
- Shocking/paralyzing an opponent with electricity
- Electrically charging an object
- Controlling electricity
- Absorbing electricity
- Unleashing a Lightning Nova Blast (Toa exclusive)
Beings other than Toa and the Krahka cannot combine powers of any sort to create a Protodermis cage. As long as each wields a different element, providing that Light and Shadow are not mixed at the same time, any six Toa can create a Protodermis cage.
All of the following beings/objects have/had the Element of Lightning and/or its sub-powers:
- All Avohkah (Formerly; now destroyed)
- Axonn - Electric shocks.
- Ehlek - Electric shocks; gained after his exposure to the Pit Mutagen. (Formerly; now cured)
- Some of the First Rahi - Electric shocks.
- The Hordika Dragons - Electric shocks; gained after their exposure to Hordika Venom.
- All Kraahu - Electric shocks.
- All Lightning Bugs - Electric shocks.
- All Makuta - Electricity and chain lightning.
- The Red Serpent - Electric shocks. (Formerly; now deceased)
- All Skakdi of Lightning - Only in conjunction with other Skakdi, or through certain weapons.
- All Suukorak - Creation of electrical cages through their Rhotuka spinners.
- Tahnok-Kal (Formerly; now destroyed)
- Takutanuva - Electricity and chain lightning. (Formerly; now unmerged)
- The Toa Inika - Lightning combined with their other Elemental Powers and used in conjunction. (Formerly; now transformed into the Toa Mahri)
- All Toa of Lightning
- All Turaga of Lightning - Diminished after their transformation from Toa.
- All Vo-Matoran - Inaccessible; manifests as a resistance to electrical shocks.
- Brutaka's Rotating Blades, the Exo-Toa's Electro-Rockets, Hakann's Lava Launcher, the Mahri Nui Matoran's Electro-Blades, and Hewkii's Electrified Chains all emit electricity.
- Primal carries an implanted device that can cause paralysis.
- Increased resistance to electrical shocks also comes with this Element.
- The prefix "Vo-" was derived from the term "Volt," a unit used for measuring the difference in electric potential across a wire. The measurement was named after Alessandro Volta, credited as creator of the first electrochemical cell.
|Spherus Magna||Elemental Powers||Fire | Water | Jungle | Rock | Sand | Earth | Ice|
|Standard||Fire | Water | Air | Stone | Earth | Ice | Light | Shadow|
Lightning | Magnetism | Plasma | Gravity | Sonics | The Green | Iron | Psionics
|Sub-Powers||Heat | Vacuum | Telekinesis | Telepathy|
|Legendary||Life | Time | Creation|
|Standard||Acid | Anger | Disintegration | Heat Vision | Laser Vision | Teleportation | Shapeshifting|
|Abilities||Fusions | Nova Blast | Rhotuka | Shadow Hand|
|Characters | Sapient Species | Locations | Flora | Fauna | Objects | Powers | Vehicles | Society | Events|
LEGO | TECHNIC | BIONICLE | Hero Factory | BS01 Wiki | Policies | Sources | Saga Guides | Timeline | Media