Parent Page: Characters
|A group of Ko-Matoran scholars in a Knowledge Tower|
|Preferred Regions||Cold regions|
|Transforms Into||Toa of Ice|
Abilities and Traits
The Ko-Matoran have inactive Ice powers, which can be activated upon becoming Toa. In Metru Nui, Ko-Matoran were philosophers, watching the stars from the Knowledge Towers of Ko-Metru and trying to unravel their prophecies. They studied technology and created Kanoka and Knowledge Towers. They also studied substances such as Energized Protodermis in the Towers of Thought and were sometimes aided by Scholars from the district of Ga-Metru in their studies.
On Mata Nui, Ko-Matoran lived in the village of Ko-Koro and were expert trackers and hunters, aiding other villages with their skills during the Great War and the invasion of the Bohrok swarms. The Ko-Matoran of Mata Nui, and later Metru Nui, value destiny the most out of the Three Virtues, from which they derive their principle of peace, and the skill of willpower.
Ko-Matoran are generally cold and uninviting and are usually fixated on the future. This attitude led them to clash with the Onu-Matoran on Metru Nui, who are more interested in studying the past.
Identifiable physical attributes of Ko-Matoran include white, gray, silver, black, blue, and sand blue Kanohi and armor, as well as blue eyes. All Ko-Matoran are male.
- Arktinen: An ice smith.
- Ehrye: A courier on Metru Nui who knew the location of the Ko-Metru Great Disk.
- Ihu: Once the mentor of Nuju. He died in a chute accident. Nuju named Mount Ihu, a mountain in Ko-Wahi, in his honor.
- Jaa: A scribe.
- Jaatikko: An architect.
- Kazi: The realist of the Voya Nui Resistance Team.
- Kantai: A hermit who lived in the Drifts.
- Kokkan: Ko-Koro's Trader.
- Kopeke: A Huai Snowball Sling and Kolhii champion and part of the Chronicler's Company, known for being unusually shy. Now the Chronicler of Metru Nui.
- Kualus: Formerly; now the Toa Hagah of Ice.
- Kylma: An adept and a prophet.
- Lumi: A seer.
- Matoro: Formerly; once the right hand to Turaga Nuju, Ko-Koro Kolhii champion, and the only one besides Kualus who could translate Nuju. He was the only Matoran on Mata Nui to know about Metru Nui. He later became a Toa Inika and then a Toa Mahri. Now deceased.
- Mazeka: A Ko-Matoran and an Order of Mata Nui member.
- Nuju: Formerly; now a Turaga of Ice, once a seer until he became a Toa Metru and a Toa Hordika. He speaks almost exclusively in a language of clicks and whistles, which only Matoro and Kualus could understand.
- Pakastaa: A Sanctum guard.
- Talvi: A Sanctum guard.
- Toudo: A Rahi trapper.
- A Ko-Matoran who was on Voya Nui during the Piraka invasion. He was the second one to be affected by the Piraka's Zamor Spheres.
|Current||Arktinen | Ehrye | Jaa | Jaatikko | Kantai | Kazi | Kokkan | Kopeke | Kylma | Lumi | Mazeka | Pakastaa | Talvi | Toudo|
|Transformed||Kualus | Matoro (deceased) | Nuju|
|see full list|
|Ta-Matoran | Ga-Matoran | Le-Matoran | Po-Matoran | Onu-Matoran | Ko-Matoran | Av-Matoran | Shadow Matoran|
Vo-Matoran | Su-Matoran | Ba-Matoran | De-Matoran | Fa-Matoran | Fe-Matoran | Ce-Matoran | Bo-Matoran
|Characters | Sapient Species | Locations | Flora | Fauna | Objects | Powers | Vehicles | Society | Events|
LEGO | TECHNIC | BIONICLE | Hero Factory | BS01 Wiki | Policies | Sources | Saga Guides | Timeline | Media