Parent Page: Objects
|Functionality(ies)||Provide instructions to awaken Mata Nui, lower the barrier surrounding the Codrex|
The Keystone is a tablet that details, in a very old Matoran dialect, how to awaken the Great Spirit Mata Nui.
The Keystone was broken into six pieces for unknown reasons, and each was hidden somewhere in Karda Nui.
One piece was held by Kirop, another by Solek, and a third in one of the Stalactite Villages. The Makuta recovered the one in the village, and Kirop kept the other piece to use as leverage in case he ever needed to.
Solek first told Kopaka about the Keystones after their initial battle with the Makuta, and gave Kopaka his piece. The Toa Nuva later obtained the second piece from Kirop when they captured him, and then took the third from Karda Nui's caves.
The three located in the Swamp of Secrets were found by the Mistika Toa Nuva. One was hidden in a plant's vines, and another was given to the Toa Nuva by an unnamed Av-Matoran, who shortly afterwards became a Bohrok. The last was discovered in a hastily dug pit in Krika's camp. When the Toa Nuva reunited, they had all six Keystones.
After Takanuva arrived in the swamp and the Toa Nuva regrouped, they fitted the Keystones together and prepared to read them.
Following their reunion, the Toa Nuva and their allies engaged in a battle with the Makuta. During the battle, Tahu managed to place the Keystone in the figure etched onto the side of the Codrex. The Keystone then lowered the barrier surrounding the Codrex, and the Toa Nuva went inside. Tahu retrieved the stone to prevent the Makuta from following them, but Antroz managed to get inside unnoticed.
- The reason the comic version and the CGI version of the Keystone looks different is because Leigh Gallagher didn't have access to the CGI animations when he was drawing the comic. The CGI version of the Keystone is the accurate one.
- BIONICLE Legends 9: Shadows in the Sky (First Appearance)
- Comic 13: Swamp of Shadows
- The Final Battle Animation
- BIONICLE Legends 10: Swamp of Secrets
- Takanuva's Blog
- Comic 14: Endgame
- BIONICLE Legends 11: The Final Battle
- Comic 15: Mata Nui Rising
- BIONICLE: Mistika (Non-canonical Appearance)
|Characters | Sapient Species | Locations | Flora | Fauna | Objects | Powers | Vehicles | Society | Events|
LEGO | TECHNIC | BIONICLE | Hero Factory | BS01 Wiki | Policies | Sources | Saga Guides | Timeline | Media