"Right, I'm sure where you came from, Ga-Matoran are all gentle peacemakers who never raise their voices. That's what they ... we ... were like where I came from too."
— Dalu to Toa Inika Hahli, Power Play
|Preferred regions||Aquatic regions|
|Transforms into||Toa of Water|
Abilities and Traits
Ga-Matoran have inactive Water powers, which can be activated upon transformation into Toa and is manifested as increased lung capacity and skills at swimming. The Ga-Matoran on Metru Nui had educational occupations, such as teachers or scientists. On Mata Nui, Ga-Matoran had jobs such as fishing, weaving, or boat-making.[MNOG2] On Voya Nui, some Ga-Matoran were trained to be warriors. As a result, these Ga-Matoran were a lot more aggressive than those on other islands.[BL3]
Identifiable physical attributes of Ga-Matoran include Kanohi and armor in varying shades of blue, and yellow eyes. They are also one of the female Matoran types.
- Amaya: A flax maker on Mata Nui and a Teacher on Metru Nui. Saved Ga-Koro from a Great Temple Squid about 500 years ago.
- Dalu: The warrior of the Voya Nui Resistance Team.
- Gaaki (transformed): Eventually became the Toa Hagah of Water.
- Hahli (transformed): Once a shy, quiet Ga-Matoran who was chosen as a Kolhii champion by Nokama and traveled Mata Nui training for the Kolhii Tournament. She succeeded Takua as Chronicler after he became Takanuva. She later became a Toa Inika and then a Toa Mahri.
- Kai: A sailor on Mata Nui. Established a rowing club about 500 years ago, which went poorly.
- Kailani: A Crafter on Mata Nui.
- Kotu: A Rahi tender and one of Nokama's advisors, who guarded Ga-Koro against the Bohrok and was expected to be chosen for the Ga-Koro Kolhii team.
- Kyrehx: Former Mahri Nui resident.
- Idris: Former Mahri Nui resident.
- Macku: A boat racer, right hand to Turaga Nokama and part of the Chronicler's Company. She was later one of Ga-Koro's Kolhii champions.
- Marka: A shipwright on Mata Nui.
- Naho (transformed, deceased): A Ga-Matoran from a land south of Metru Nui; who became a Toa Mangai, later killed by Eliminator.
- Nireta: A navigator on Mata Nui.
- Nixie: Mata Nui's astrologer, often referred to simply as "The Astrologer."
- Nokama (transformed): A Teacher before she became a Toa Metru and Toa Hordika, now a Turaga of Water.
- Okoth: Ga-Koro's Trader.
- Pelagia: A shipwright on Mata Nui.
- Shasa: A Weaver on Mata Nui.
- Tuyet (transformed): Once a Matoran from a land south of Metru Nui; later the rogue Toa Mangai of Water. Currently the user of the Nui Stone.
- Vhisola: A student of Nokama's on Metru Nui who idolized her teacher. Knew the location of the Ga-Metru Great Disk.
- A Ga-Matoran from Artakha who wears a Kakama.[BW]
- A Ga-Matoran drowned by Tuyet.[TMDoTT] (revived)
- A Ga-Matoran who became a Toa and joined the Toa Cordak before being killed by Zyglak. (transformed, deceased)[DroD, Ch. 9]
- Various Ga-Matoran who became Toa and were killed by Hakann. (transformed, deceased)[BL1]
- Chat with Greg Farshtey, 12 March 2015
|Current||Amaya | Dalu | Idris | Kai | Kailani | Kotu | Kyrehx | Macku | Marka | Nireta | Nixie | Okoth | Pelagia | Shasa | Vhisola|
|Transformed||Gaaki | Hahli | Naho (deceased) | Nokama | Tuyet|
|see full list|
|Ta-Matoran | Ga-Matoran | Le-Matoran | Po-Matoran | Onu-Matoran | Ko-Matoran | Av-Matoran | Shadow Matoran |
Ba-Matoran | Bo-Matoran | Ce-Matoran | De-Matoran | Fa-Matoran | Fe-Matoran | Su-Matoran | Vo-Matoran
|Characters | Sapient Species | Locations | Flora | Creatures | Rahi | Objects | Powers | Vehicles | Society | Events|
LEGO | TECHNIC | BIONICLE | Hero Factory | BS01 Wiki | Policies | Sources | Saga Guides | Timeline | Media | Sets