Check out the new community chatroom!
"A glow surrounded the six Matoran and their bodies grew indistinct. There was a sudden, bright burst of light, and when it faded, one Matoran stood where six had been before."
— Narrator, Trial by Fire
Many beings in the Matoran Universe have the ability to merge their essences, resulting in Fusions. The process of combined bodies and minds results in greater strength and power, and often results in new abilities.
In the Matoran Universe, beings of various species can willingly forgo their individuality and combine their bodies and minds. The amount of beings that enter this fusion can be any more than two, but is usually three or six. The Makuta species could have formed fusions, but were not willing to surrender their identities, and never did so; most other species are likewise unwilling to submit to the process of losing their identities. Members of the Matoran species must combine with members with differing elemental powers; for example, three Toa of Stone cannot form a fusion.
The fused being usually possesses enhanced strength, speed, and, if present, greater Elemental abilities. The fusion must concentrate in order to maintain its form. The new entity the fusion creates also possesses a new mind, and believes itself to be an individual being. Although a fusion may be referred to as a having a gender, the being itself is gender-neutral.
Combinations of three beings are generally given the title of 'Kaita', and combinations of six are given the title 'Nui'.
Known Natural Fusions
- Matoran Kaita
- Matoran Nui
- Toa Kaita
- Turaga Kaita
- Turaga Nui
- Bohrok Va Kaita
- Bohrok Kaita
- Bohrok-Kal Kaita
- Rahkshi Kaita
Artificial fusions occur when an outside force causes two or more creatures to be fused together. These fusions are often done against the will of those involved. Artificial fusions often display madness, those involved being driven insane by suddenly being forcibly merged with another mind. Artificial fusions do not always have the powers of those involved; the powers are sometimes weakened by the process instead of being enhanced.
As a result of the component entities being unwilling to fuse, artificial fusions are often permanent, and cannot be undone by the fused being alone.
Objects/Substances that can cause or effect fusions:
Known Artificial Fusions
- Piraka Fusion - A temporary fusion created by Vezon using the Spear of Fusion on the Piraka Reidak and Vezok. The creature had massive strength and was insane, only capable of acting on its individual members' hatred of the other Piraka.
- Prototype - Another product of the Spear of Fusion. Used by a Dark Hunter on a pair of Toa in the process of merging, driving them insane and depriving the resulting creature of much of their elemental power.
- Takutanuva - A temporary fusion created when the Toa Takanuva and the Makuta Teridax fell into a pool of Energized Protodermis together. Takanuva had removed Teridax's mask before the fusion took place, weakening Teridax and preventing him from dominating it.
- Shadow Matoran/Rahi Hybrid - A creature created by Mutran and Chirox to serve as a mount for Vican
- Mutated combinations of Underwater Rays and Takea - These creatures were utilized by the Barraki.
- Skakdi Fusion - A creature created when a group of Skakdi dropped Avak, Vezok, Hakann, Thok, Reidak, a Vortixx, a worker from Stelt, and a Zyglak into a tank of Energized Protodermis. Zaktan also entered the tank as the fusion initiated, and the creature emerged as a gold-skinned being able to physically realize the dreams of those around it.
|Akamai (Akamai Nuva) | Wairuha (Wairuha Nuva)|
Bohrok Va (Kaita)
|Bohrok Kaita Ja | Bohrok-Kal Kaita Ja | Bohrok Kaita Za | Bohrok-Kal Kaita Za|
|Rahkshi (Kaita)||Rahkshi Kaita Vo | Rahkshi Kaita Za|
|Other||Takutanuva | Piraka Fusion | Skakdi Fusion | Prototype|
|Spherus Magna||Elemental Powers||Fire | Water | Jungle | Rock | Earth | Ice | Sand|
|Standard||Fire | Water | Air | Stone | Earth | Ice | Light | Shadow|
Lightning | Magnetism | Plasma | Gravity | Sonics | The Green | Iron | Psionics
|Sub-Powers||Heat | Vacuum | Telekinesis | Telepathy|
|Legendary||Life | Time | Creation|
|Standard||Acid | Anger | Disintegration | Heat Vision | Laser Vision | Teleportation | Shapeshifting|
|Abilities||Fusions | Nova Blast | Rhotuka | Shadow Hand|
|Characters | Sapient Species | Locations | Flora | Creatures | Rahi | Objects | Powers | Vehicles | Society | Events|
LEGO | TECHNIC | BIONICLE | Hero Factory | BS01 Wiki | Policies | Sources | Saga Guides | Timeline | Media | Sets