|Known Locations||Le-Wahi, Ga-Wahi, Onu-Wahi, Matoran Universe (all formerly), Spherus Magna|
Fikou are dangerous spider-like Rahi.
On Metru Nui, Fikou lived among the cables of Le-Metru and Onu-Metru. The vicious spiders loved to lurk around high branches and tangled cables and wait for their incredibly strong webs to entangle prey.
A stinger-tailed sub-species of Fikou migrated to the Voya Nui region of the Southern Continent. When the Great Cataclysm hit, Voya Nui rocketed to the surface of Aqua Magna. Its Fikou population traveled with it and remained on the island for 1,000 years, though their existence was threatened by Voya Nui ultimately rejoining the Matoran Universe when the Toa Mahri destroyed the Cord.
Many Metru Nui Fikou migrated to the Le-Wahi region of the newly-formed island of Mata Nui. The Matoran of Le-Koro always had to be on guard when swinging through the trees. Several Fikou were influenced by Teridax using Infected Kanohi, leading them to attack Matoran. During the Bohrok Invasion, the destruction of Fikou webs in Le-Wahi by the Bohrok forced some Fikou to migrate into the jungle canopies. The island's Fikou population returned to the Matoran Universe after the Bohrok swarms were unleashed a second time to cleanse the island.
After the Great Spirit Robot was critically damaged in the Battle of Bara Magna, the surviving Fikou emigrated from the Matoran Universe to Spherus Magna. The Fikou are currently looking for a region on Spherus Magna similar to those in which they have lived before; however, many Fikou have suffered from predation.
The Fikou-Nui once resided on the island of Mata Nui. Its current status is unknown.
Abilities and Traits
The Fikou are dangerous when threatened, no matter their size, due to their bite. Fikou are also known for emitting a chirping noise and tunneling underground.
There are a variety of known sub-species, each adapted to life in a different region. The orange and green Fikou have adapted to jungle regions, the black ones have adapted to underground and rocky regions, blue Fikou have adapted to water and coastal regions, red ones have adapted to fiery regions, brown and tan Fikou have adapted to desert regions, and white Fikou have adapted to frozen, ice type regions. There are also yellow Fikou that were known to previously inhabit the Onu-Koro mine.
A sub-species exists on the Southern Continent that possesses both pincers and a stinger.
The Fikou-Nui is many times larger than the average Fikou spider.
The black Fikou is a set combiner of Toa Mata sets Onua and Pohatu. It also, however, uses the extra ball joint in Pohatu's set that is not present in the primary model. Its instructions were available in a 2001 LEGO Mania Magazine (now known as LEGO Club Magazine).
In 2002, an orange Fikou was released as part of the 10023 Bionicle Master Builder set. A similar version was released as a standalone promotional set in 2003.
- A section of maintenance tunnels below the Onu-Metru Archives is known as the Fikou Web. They were named not only after the webs that the Fikou spiders left in the passages, but also because the formations of them are similar in structure to a web.
- A larger form of the Fikou, known as the Fikou-Nui, was set to appear in the cancelled 2001 video game BIONICLE: The Legend of Mata Nui. The creature was later approved as official canon by Greg Farshtey.
- Chat with Greg Farshtey, 06. August 2014 (archive)
- Chat with Greg Farshtey, 14. October 2014
- Chat with Greg Farshtey, 7. August 2014
- Chat with Greg Farshtey, 17. October 2014
- Chat with Greg Farshtey, 29. September 2014
- Fikou Building Instructions on LEGO.com (Instructions Begin on Page 21)
- Black Fikou Building Instructions on Brickshelf.com
|Characters | Sapient Species | Locations | Flora | Creatures | Rahi | Objects | Powers | Vehicles | Society | Events|
LEGO | TECHNIC | BIONICLE | Hero Factory | BS01 Wiki | Policies | Sources | Saga Guides | Timeline | Media | Sets