BS01 is currently undergoing maintenance over the next couple weeks. Please contact Meiko if you notice any problems.
BIONICLEsector01 talk:Articles for Creation
Category:Skrall | 00:57, 30 October 2014 (CET)
Because Skall pages, especially Branar, are lacking in categories, I think this is needed.
Category/ies will be made, awaiting final decision in comments
Someone may have done this already, but I took the liberty of rounding up the pages that I expect would go in this: Element Lord of Rock, Skrall, Tuma, Stronius, Branar, Atakus, Skrall Fortress, Skrall Tribal Design Blade, Saw Blade Shield, Thorned Club, and maybe Rock Tribe, Roxtus, and Sisters of the Skrall. LockmanCapulet Crusty relics! 18:46, 30 October 2014 (CET)
- Eh, I'm not sold on Atakus and Rock Tribe; those pages are not entirely to do with Skrall, especially after the recent revelations about Atakus. --Angel Bob (talk) 20:37, 30 October 2014 (CET)
I feel like the category could branch out to include things like the Rock Tribe, which would in turn include Atakus, but then the Bone Hunters might be too far removed. -- I AM THE DOREK do not truffle with me 00:33, 31 October 2014 (CET)
- Why would we include Rock Tribe in this category? While the Skrall were affiliated with the Rock Tribe, the Rock Tribe also consisted of many Agori, and I don't want to see Agori in a category dedicated to a non-Agori species. That doesn't make any sense. --Angel Bob (talk) 02:33, 31 October 2014 (CET)
- The Rock Tribe WAS Skrall. It was composed almost entirely of Skrall, and it was more or less a moniker the Skrall species took upon to seem more legitimate. Aside from a few select Agori that the Skrall allowed to join their tribe, for whatever reason, it was the Skrall that dictated the goings-on of the tribe. -- I AM THE DOREK do not truffle with me 14:39, 31 October 2014 (CET)
- To call the Rock Agori "a select few" is reading too much into it. Even though the Skrall were definitely in charge, we don't know exactly what the relationship or ratio between Skrall and Agori was in the Rock Tribe. The tribe could have been mostly Skrall, mostly Agori, or precisely equal. No storyline source has ever purported to depict an accurate representative sample of the entire Rock Tribe. So to call it just a bunch of Skrall is inaccurate; it was an organization comprised of Skrall and Agori. For the same reason that I wouldn't want Fire Tribe in Category:Glatorian, I don't want Rock Tribe in Category:Skrall. --Angel Bob (talk) 18:58, 31 October 2014 (CET)
The Agori are a different species (and then sort of related to the Bone Hunters?), so I'm not sure if that's the relationship between them. But maybe, who knows?
The difference between the Rock Tribe and other tribes is that the Rock Tribe is entirely defined by the way the Skrall manage things. I think just because the tribe also happens to have Agori is ignoring the fundamental difference that the Rock Tribe has from other tribes. If we had a Category:Vorox, I would easily put the Sand Tribe in there, because unlike other tribes which allow switching between affiliations (ignoring certain outliers like Metus and Malum) the Sand Tribe was a very closed society, as the Rock Tribe is.
I would actually say the tribe pages could also be organized under a Category:Glatorian, but for slightly different reasons; Glatorian itself is not technically a species title, it's referring to the profession that only exists because of the relationship TO the tribes; a warrior not belonging to the tribe system (Surel, Telluris, etc) technically doesn't belong to a tribe at all. That said, we still identify them with colors because that's the smartest system of identification and management.
This is why I never actually bother with categories; there's so much nitpickery about what goes where. Isn't the point of a category to lump in all related pages for someone who wants to explore further? Categories should be expansive, not limiting, otherwise what's the point? -- I AM THE DOREK do not truffle with me 00:59, 1 November 2014 (CET)
- Hmm... what if we make 'Category:[Element] Tribe'? Then we can add in characters and locations alike, regardless of species. We can even put in honorary members and the like. --Master of the Rahkshi Ask, and ye shall receive. Eventually. 20:52, 2 November 2014 (CET)
Since the Shadow Takanuva are so drastically different from the Takanuva we know and love, I think they merit a second page. After all, we have separate pages for Evil!Teridax and Good!Teridax. The Shadow Takanuva have different powers, different personalities, different quotes, and different histories from core Takanuva, and it seems silly to be listing all this information on the Toa of Light's page. --Angel Bob (talk) 22:48, 17 November 2014 (CET)
- --Angel Bob (talk) 22:48, 17 November 2014 (CET)
- --Collector1100 (talk) 23:21, 17 November 2014 (CET)
- --Proto talk 23:54, 17 November 2014 (CET)
- --Boidoh (talk) 00:14, 18 November 2014 (CET) Also, on another note, should we have a "Shadow Avohkii" page too? Don't they practically have different colours/powers/appearances than the normal Mask of Light?
- --LockmanCapulet Crusty relics! 17:34, 18 November 2014 (CET)
- Oh yeah. --Herofanofall (talk) 01:25, 20 November 2014 (CET)
I was thinking about this before, but I came to no final conclusion. While we do have a page for Teridax from the Melding Alternate Universe, because he came to the main dimension, I'm not sure about this one. I admit, the sandbox looks good though, and some of the details (especially the tidbit about how the Avohkii worn by them do not promote light or peace) wouldn't fit on the main Takanuva page. --Vartemp Talk 23:05, 17 November 2014 (CET)
- @Vartemp: Is there any particular reason you aren't sure about it? You've given evidence to support the page, but none against, so I'm confused as to why you haven't decided one way or the other. --Angel Bob (talk) 00:35, 21 November 2014 (CET)
@ Boidoh: I'd say no to a "Shadow Avohkii" page, mainly because we don't really know anything about them. Greg's answers on the subject have been vague and confusing. Best to leave it as a mention on the Shadow Takanuva and Avohkii pages for now, methinks. --Angel Bob (talk) 00:58, 18 November 2014 (CET)