Due to strain on the server, we are implementing an edit cooldown. After making five edits, please wait one minute before making any more. Also, please double-check your edits before saving to avoid editing the same page multiple times.
Ice (Generation 1)
"The temperature suddenly dropped all around. The next moment Kapura was locked in a foot-thick shell of ice from his neck down. The Matoran cried out from the intense cold. Takanuva looked up only to see Tahu and Kopaka standing nearby, frost still drifting from the sword of the Toa of Ice."
— Narrator, Dark Mirror
Kopaka shooting a stream of Ice
|Associated colors||Primary: White|
Secondary: Gray, blue
Ice is an Elemental Power.
- The Element Lord of Ice has a wide range of Ice-based powers.
In the Matoran Universe, Ice is often represented by the Matoran prefix Ko- as well as the colors white and gray. Here, the only naturally occurring ice was solid Ice-like Protodermis. Despite this, these beings are able to control the ice of Spherus Magna, because the substances are alike in composition and, in liquid form, behave similarly in the life processes of Matoran Universe denizens. Wielders of this Element are typically antisocial.
- Ko-Matoran represent the Element of Ice. Ko-Matoran also contain a very minuscule amount of Elemental Ice Energy, to the extent that they are resistant to ice and cold. All Matoran, Toa, and Turaga of Ice are male.
- Toa of Ice possess the Elemental Power of Ice, allowing them to create, control and absorb ice and snow. Their only real limitation is that when they run out of Elemental Ice Energy, they must wait for it to recharge.
- Turaga of Ice possess small traces of Elemental Ice Energy.
- Kohrak have a limited range of Ice powers.
- Some Fohrok had a limited range of Ice powers.
- The Bahrag have a wider range of Ice powers than the Kohrak.
- One of the First Rahi can shoot Ice beams from its eyes.
- Ice Gafna can emit pulses of elemental Ice energy from their tails.
- Ice Burnak can emit pulses of elemental Ice energy.
- Skakdi of Ice can only access their power if they work with another Skakdi, or if they carry a weapon (such as Thok's Ice Gun) that allows them to focus their Ice power individually.
- Creating blasts or focused beams of ice, snow
- Creating/controlling ice structures
- Creating/controlling ice storms
- Controlling ice, snow
- Freezing water
- Absorbing ice, snow
- Lowering the temperature in an area by freezing the moisture in the air
- Setting a timed Ice blast (Toa Nuva-exclusive)
- Unleashing an Ice Nova Blast (Toa-exclusive)
- When combined with the Elemental Power of Fire, it can be used to instantaneously make a seal.
- When combined with the Elemental Power of Water, it can be used to create a hailstorm.
- Beings other than Toa and the Krahka cannot combine powers of any sort to create a Protodermis cage. As long as each wields a different Element, and Light and Shadow are not included at the same time, any six Toa can create a Protodermis cage.
All of the following have/had the Element of Ice and/or its subpowers:
- The Bahrag
- The Element Lord of Ice
- One of the First Rahi - Eyebeams.
- Some Fohrok - Through their shields. (Formerly; now destroyed)
- All Ice Burnak
- All Ice Gafna
- Krahka - While using Toa Nuju's form.
- All Kohrak - Through their Ice Shields.
- All Ko-Matoran - Inaccessible; manifests as a resistance to cold.
- All Skakdi of Ice - Only in conjunction with other Skakdi or through certain weapons.
- All Toa of Ice
- Kopaka - Enhanced when he became a Toa Nuva.
- Kualus - Lost upon his mutation into a Rahaga, but regained when the mutation was reversed.
- Matoro - His powers as a Toa Inika were combined with Lightning.
- Nuju - His Toa Disk also had Ice powers. (Formerly; now transformed into a Turaga)
- Four members of the Toa Mangai
- All Turaga of Ice - Diminished after their transformation from Toa.
The following locations are/were affiliated with Ice:
- Northern Frost
- Cavern of Ice
- Ko-Metru (formerly; now destroyed)
- Ko-Wahi (formerly; now destroyed)
- Ko-Koro (formerly; now destroyed)
- A bird-like Rahi completely made out of snow existed in Ko-Wahi.
- Resistance to intense cold also comes with this Element.
- Ice is Greg Farshtey's favorite Element.
|Spherus Magna||Elemental Powers||Fire | Water | Jungle | Rock | Ice | Sand | Earth|
|Standard||Fire | Water | Air | Stone | Earth | Ice | Light | Shadow|
Lightning | Magnetism | Plasma | Gravity | Sonics | The Green | Iron | Psionics
|Sub-Powers||Heat | Vacuum | Telekinesis | Telepathy|
|Legendary||Life | Time | Creation|
|Standard||Acid | Anger | Disintegration | Heat Vision | Laser Vision | Teleportation | Shapeshifting|
|Abilities||Fusions | Nova Blast | Rhotuka | Shadow Hand|
|Characters | Sapient Species | Locations | Flora | Creatures | Rahi | Objects | Powers | Vehicles | Society | Events|
LEGO | TECHNIC | BIONICLE | Hero Factory | BS01 Wiki | Policies | Sources | Saga Guides | Timeline | Media | Sets